5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent anthology
As a funeral adviser and author of We Need To Talk About The Funeral, I find this an excellent anthology of contemporary and more traditional poems to choose from for funerals. It is split into useful sections and spans Rumi to Neruda to the wonderful Mary Oliver.
Published on 19 Oct 2006 by Simon Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes, but only for men
Published on 11 Aug 2007 by Vivinfrance (Vivienne Blake)

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes, but only for men, 11 Aug 2007
This review is from: Do Not Go Gentle: poems for funerals: Funeral Poems (Paperback)
I bought this book because a very good woman friend is nearing the end of a long illness. While I could find loads of suitable poems for the passing of a man, or a husband, there was only one poem - that by Joyce Grenfell - which could possibly be read at a woman's funeral, plus the title poem which everyone knows anyway. Many of the other poems I found rather brutal and unfeeling. I wasn't looking for sentimental slop à la Patience Strong, but for something celebrating a friendship and her wonderful life. My only choice now is to write my own. A pity, because I had thought 'what a great idea' when I saw the title on Amazon's list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent anthology, 19 Oct 2006
Simon Smith "Funeral Adviser" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Do not go Gentle, 20 Jun 2013
Have always ;loved the D Thomas poem of the title and this is a really useful anthology for funeral occasions - which hopefully dont arrive too often

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 6 Jan 2013
Always so useful - everyone borrows it which is why I had to buy two. We don't like to think about death but actually the only certain thing about livings that we die. It s so good to be able to find a poem to read at a service or to give to someone else when they don't know where to look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct 2014
A well presented book with popular readings.

Do Not Go Gentle: poems for funerals: Funeral Poems
Do Not Go Gentle: poems for funerals: Funeral Poems by Neil Astley (Paperback - 25 Sep 2003)