Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 16 March 2011
This is the first collection of poems that I have read in translation by a Russian poet. And I am blown away. It seems extraordinary to me how beautiful the poems are in English when they have been translated from Russian particularly as the translator has maintained the Russian spirit/form.

I researched which translation to buy on the Internet before plumping for this one and I am delighted with the result. Definitely recommended if you love poetry and are interested in Russian poets.
on 5 July 2010
Marina Tsvetaeva was an original.As a poet she ranks among the best.Befriended Mayakovsky when the Russian emigre community in Paris shunned him.Went back to Russia with her two children knowing death was at hand.A brilliant poet and a critic beyond compare.Tony Murphy.
on 26 December 2014