5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, always perfect for bedtime.
We have had the book for almost 8 years now and it still is a favourite no matter how many more nursery rhymes books the chidren have received afterwards. I love it for the pictures.
Published on 10 Dec 2000 by Maria Barros

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Some Essentials
I'm giving this book three stars as it has lovely illustrations in the classic Victorian style, but it lacks many of the old nursery rhymes that were popular when I was younger. Off the top of my head 'Oranges and Lemons' isn't in there - in fact so many I grew up with aren't in there, so I feel a bit short-changed if I'm being honest. I have a rubbish memory for these...
Published 10 months ago by ExecBum

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, always perfect for bedtime., 10 Dec 2000
Maria Barros (Geneva) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to treasure for ever, 2 Aug 2007
S. Nawrat (near london, uk) - See all my reviews
I was given this book for my first Christmas, and I still read it and love it. Every page is full of beautiful illustrations (set mostly in 18th century England) that really bring the charming nursery rhymes to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect present, 2 Jan 2003
By A Customer
We own 3 nursery rhyme books and this is my daughter's favourite. Admittedly, when she was younger, she preferred the colourful and more naive images in the Dorling Kindersley Nursery Rhyme book, but now she is 2+, this wins hands-down every time. The illustrations are gorgeous and the rhymes a good selection of the real classics. This is a lovely book to own and I've given it as a present at a few 2-yr-old birthday parties and had very positive feedback from both parents and kids. This book is now firmly part of our bedtime routine - she chooses 4 rhymes and night and we sing them together. Your child will cherish this book for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes, 17 Mar 2009
I bought this book for my new grandson after trying to buy one locally and they were not a patch on this. It had all the Rhymes of my childhood and a few more besides and it was exactly as described. I was very very pleased to find a book that hadnt been messed with . Superb thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars great traditional book, 18 Sep 2010
Perfect gift for a friend's grandchild. we wanted a keepsake for him, and his mum loves reading aloud to him, and wanted to find a traditional, well illustrated book. this fitted the bill perfectly, without costing the earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lasting book, 5 April 2010
topfootie (London, England) - See all my reviews
This book has beautful illustrations and all the classic rhymes. We bought this for our baby but I'm sure it will last the years and definitely become a favourite. This book is a keeper for its quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 12 July 2009
R. O'laney - See all my reviews
I bought this book so I could read it to my baby as I had forgotten most of them all the old favorites aare in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, a lovely present., 7 Jun 2012
This book is beautifully illustrated, and contains all the main Nursery Rhymes that I remember from my childhood. I bought it for my 2 year old daughter, and it's already one of her favourite books.
I would also consider buying it again in future, for a special present.
The only downside was, I would have liked to have seen the additional verses for some of the rhymes. For example, I know that Jack and Jill has another verse, but only one is included.
Despite this, well worth the money. A lovely looking book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 8 Dec 2010
Wanted a book to remind me of the rhymes from when I was little. Missing a few but overall its brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the book, 3 Jan 2010
i like the book it's easy to sing , it@s mostly English nursery song.
I resommed to peopel who is looking for nursery song for their children

The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving)
The Orchard Book of Nursery Rhymes (Books for Giving) by Zena Sutherland (Hardcover - 6 Sep 1990)
9.09