5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reading
A very elegant and well crafted book. Some describe it as a coffee table book but for those who love costume and drama this is an excellent reference book. It certainly is heavy but don't let that put you off.

As the V&A Hollywood Costume exhibition curator, Deborah Nadoolman paved the way for many costume designers, setting the standards extremely high...
Published on 7 Dec. 2012 by ArtisanCat

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful exhibition, disappointing book
I really enjoyed the exhibition and was disappointed that there was no catalogue or many postcards of the costumes on show. I found this book disappointing, largely due to the editing. It is a collection of articles illustrated by costumes from the exhibition and my problem was the repetition, especially in the section on historical costume, we are told the same thing...
Published on 11 Jan. 2013 by KAW

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
I went to the exhibition and really enjoyed it but wasn't prepared to pay £35 and it is a really heavy book, so you wouldn't want to have to carry it home on the train! So much information is in the book with some fantastic pictures. Also features information about the set up of the exhibition and storage of the items, which is something that both my mum and I were asking about whilst at the exhibition, it's simply fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood Costume, 29 Dec. 2012
Mrs. Kerry Black "Kerry Black" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
I am a huge Hollywood fan and have great film books stretching back over the last 30 years, this is up there with the best. A sumptuous treat of a book. Fabulous photos, entertaining yet educational, I doubt we will be able to afford to go to London to the exhibition, this way we can dream at home. Gorgeous! Buy it, you won't be disappointed. NB I bought this for my teenage on, he reckons it is his best present this year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Coffee Table Book, 24 Jan. 2013
A. High (Northwood UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
I went to see the Hollywood Costumes Exhibition at the V and A Museum twice as it was so wonderful.
This book accompanies the exhibition brilliantly. It shows behind the scenes which I found very interesting and the photography is amazing.
The feel and quality of this book are to a very high standard.
Am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb memory, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
Purchased for my daughter, who had been blown away by the exhibition, its a beautiful very informative book filled with wonderful information, pictures and sketches. I found it sad that Amazon were not offering free postage on the V&A site as they were on their own site - surely such offers should be 'matched' when Amazon is the preferred supplier!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood Costume, 18 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
I saw this exhibition at the V&A The friend I went with was 65 a couple of weeks ago. I bought the book for him as a present. He is still talking about it. I have had a look through it and thought it was excellent. Perhaps he will buy it for me? I don't think that I could have given him a better present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Movie heaven, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
Wonderful book - lots of information, lovely pictures, from the past right up to the present. Beautifully presented and an excellent present for anyone interested in the movies and the importance and effect of costumes -or just interested in looking at the costumes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 9 Jan. 2013
J. Harris (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
This is full of some beautiful pictures & interesting history.Having attended he exhibition at the V&A I felt it was a good memento of that & cheaper on Amazon. Scarlett's dress, Judy's slippers-fabulous to see & well produced in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars costume, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
I am a costume student and this book is definitely inspirational.. I didn't have the chance to go to the exhibition at the v&a but this book makes up for it with beautiful pictures and a good chunk of text to read aswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Hollywood Costume (Hardcover)
Really nice book, and lovely quality. Ideal for anyone that likes movies / fashion, and a lot cheaper than the V&A shop as well! (The book goes hand in hand with the Hollywood Costume exhibition)

4.0 out of 5 stars - An extremely good price, 16 Sept. 2014
- Quick delivery
- This book is very visual and explores a wide range of themes. A must for anyone interested in costume history, or costume design.
- An extremely good price

Hollywood Costume
Hollywood Costume by Nadoolman Deborah Landis (Hardcover - 20 Oct. 2012)