5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 4 Jan. 2013
Io (Cymru, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seventeenth Century Women's Dress: 2 (Dress Pattern 2) (Hardcover)
Every bit as good as Book One. I can't fault these books, everything I could wish for in a book on historic dress. It is a thing of beauty, just as good to look at - the detailed photographs of beautiful garments - as to follow the detailed instructions on how the garments were constructed. I have a growing collection of costume books but this series is by far my favourite. I only wish there were more garments/objects covered. I hope the series continues....

5.0 out of 5 stars 17Century Women's Dress Patterns Book 2, 3 Feb. 2013
Absolutely brilliant - the pictures, and details of these garments are amazing. The x-rays photos really illuminate the construction of these clothes. Beautiful book, with so much to study and learn and admire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 6 Nov. 2013
I was thrilled to open this beautiful book for the first time. I had heard that the author, Jenny Tiramani, is an expert in her field and I wanted to learn from her. The lay out is excellent and the explanations are well thought out.
I am inspired to create my own garments with a seventeenth century twist.
I recommend this book to anyone with an interest in clothes as well as historical costume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much like Patterns of Fashion by Janet Arnold, 15 Jan. 2015
A must for any historical costumer!

Both this and volume 1 were arriving on the market just as I was finishing my degree, and I really do wish they had been available when I was studying!

Much like Patterns of Fashion by Janet Arnold, both of these books contain patterns on grids to be scaled up by the user; however, what makes these books so fantastic is that they go into great detail in how each item can be replicated with step-by-step instructions which are as close to historically accurate as the writers could make them.

I was actually made aware of these books when I worked very briefly on a project at the Bowes Museum alongside costumier and contributor Luca Costigliolo. Having first hand experience of Luca's work and knowledge, I cannot recommend these books enough for anyone who wants to develop their knowledge of historical clothing and techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 23 Mar. 2013
This book is excellent in terms of detailed text and photographs. It is beautifully presented and has been of great interest to our 17th century costume making group.

5.0 out of 5 stars A boon for those interested in 17th century clothing, 29 Mar. 2013
C. Berry-Davies "eager costumier" (Weston-super-Mare, UK) - See all my reviews
It was a long wait for the book to be published but it was well worth the wait. If you are interested in 17th century clothing then this book is for you. It is well researched and well presented and we cannot wait for the next book for Men's clothing.

Seventeenth Century Women's Dress: 2 (Dress Pattern 2)
Seventeenth Century Women's Dress: 2 (Dress Pattern 2) by Tiramani Jenny (Hardcover - 3 Dec. 2012)