4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book
I spent most of Christmas with my nose buried in this book. I have been a big fan of Bawden since my art student days and I thought this was a great selection of work, beautifully printed and designed. I was so engrossed in it I felt as if it came to a bit of an abrupt end.
Recommended to anyone interested in this era of illustration and printmaking,
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by Carol

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of nice pictures.
An interesting collection of artwork by a truly talented artist. A good book for Londoners and fans of Edward Bawden.
Published 17 months ago by Philip

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book, 30 Dec 2011
Recommended to anyone interested in this era of illustration and printmaking,

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautifully Produced Compendium of Bawden's London Related Work, 16 Jun 2012
Dr. R. Brandon (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully produced book of drawings, linocuts, paintings and murals with a London connection that Edward Bawden produced. The first narrative section of the book details Bawden's career with respect to time spent in London and his association with other artists, in particular, Eric Ravilious. The second section gives a thumbnail sketch of the development of London and of the changes to the architecture as a result of development and growth and also of the destruction of the Second World War and the developers of the 1960s, these architectural changes being reflected by Bawden in his varied artistic output. Finally there is an extended section of plates showing the wide range of work that Bawden produced in his inimitable line-style as a result of commissions from Frank Pick of London Passenger Transport and an assortment of other public and commercial enterprises. It is a fact that throughout the 1950s Bawden's work and style were so ubiquitous that to anyone who remembers those days to simply look at his work evokes the period of the 1950s and the Festival of Britain. A book of particular interest to Bawden (and Ravilious) enthusiasts and those of a nostalgic turn of mind who want to remember earlier times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Edward Bawden's London, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
The authors had already written extensively about Bawden and modernist painting/graphics in Britain. Nevertheless, this is a very successful attempt to capture the essence of Bawden's work on the capital city,visually attractive and clearly written. The book's price is also attractive.

Alessandro Roselli

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts, 4 May 2014
R. V. Johnson "Manxlady" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
Very good reading, could not put it down, might even think off passing it on to my daughter next time I see her :)

5.0 out of 5 stars London - do you really know it?, 28 Nov 2013
B. Handcock (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
I am a native of London, too, although I no longer live there.
However, when visiting, these illustrations have made me look more closely at the London I love - and they are made all the more interesting by understanding how they were produced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lyon's Tea Rooms, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
I bought this book after seeing an exhibition at the Towner Gallery, Eastbourne of work commissioned by Lyon's
to 'brighten' their tea room and I fell in love Edward Bawden's work.Beautiful book, excellent condition, good delivery time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of nice pictures., 14 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars feast for the eyes..., 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
This book is SO inspiring! The details are amazing and the sketches of his work are too... Don't hesitate to get it, if you fancy it - treat yourself, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful production, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
Everything I hoped it would be, good read and well produced. Made a lovely gift. Arrived cellophane wrapped and looked special.

5.0 out of 5 stars London made easy, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Edward Bawden's London (Hardcover)
This is a terrific book with delightful illustrations. It is beautifully presented and is so nice that I decided to keep it for myself instead of giving it away as a Christmas present. The pictures are worth studying closely as they are full of fascinating details. The text is really interesting and adds to the value of the book. All I can say is that you will be very satisfied if you buy this book.

Edward Bawden's London
Edward Bawden's London by Peyton Skipwith (Hardcover - 3 Oct 2011)
13.60