on 14 August 2012
The application of the Torah to Christians today is an issue which generates a lot of heat. Philip Jensen provides a helpful outline and framework to help us pray our way through the debates we encounter. His offering of a 3 level analysis is a worthwhile addition to the exegitical toolkit.

I was not convinced by his seeming dismissal of the cultic/civil/moral analysis implied in the 39 Articles and published in a Church Society article. He seemed to assert its inadequacy without offering much support for his position. Indeed I feel that such an analysis is indeed implicit and easily discerned, though I accept not explicit, through the Pentateuch. The fact that a given chapter covers more than one of these areas does not invalidate the idea.

I am inclined to see an example of the management theorist matrix concept. Philip's 3 tiers appear in one axis and the cultic/civil/moral in the other.

Well worth purchasing
on 27 November 2014
For all who are studying OT it is a must.