5.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL..............Not
This book didn't interest me at first but has really grown on me I loved every bit of it extremely funny
Published 14 months ago by John Ellison

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing
Rather disapointing and indifferent.... just a collection of badly written snippets... no real focus or style or sense of either humour or outrage. A waste of money frankly... it went straight off to the Oxfam bookshop.
Published on 17 Jan 2011 by Mr. John Fullick

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes enlightening, sometimes funny, sarcastic, serious,.., 30 Jun 2012
I was surprised at times, astonished at others, laughed out loudly, frowned,in fact I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
Highly recommended reading to all Britons and the rest of the world, too!

3.0 out of 5 stars IM not sorry, 21 Jun 2012
I have to agree with others who have said that a lot of information provided is badly researched and inaccurate. It would seem that the Authors of the book were conflicted between making this a humorous light hearted read poking fun at the British or making it an incisive fact laden observation of life in the U.K and subsequently it achieves neither.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for your parents!, 21 Jan 2011
I bought this book for my dad for Christmas and we poured over it when he opened it on Christmas day. I had to pipe up in disagreement with the other review on this site because I think completely the opposite. In fact after seeing how much my dad enjoyed reading it, I got it for a couple of my uncles for their birthdays when they happen later this year. What I like are the details in the illustrations - and the fact that it is irreverent and silly, but also strikingly on the ball. A really good affordable gift for anyone who has a sense of humour and self-deprecation - so anyone British!

3.0 out of 5 stars humour, 23 Jan 2011
I enjoyed the book, it was very informative, but I was slightly disapointed as there was not as much humour as I expected judging by the cover. On a plus side my middle aged son thoughly enjoyed it and thought it was an extremely good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Funny, Not Clever, Not Good, 15 Jun 2012
I purchased this book as a Kindle Daily Deal for 99p and I'm so glad that's all I paid for it. This book really fails to hit the mark given that it is neither funny, entertaining or informative. I fail to see relevance in how knowing how many bottles of Ketchup are purchased in UK provides any kind of insight into British culture. A lot of information provided is badly researched and inaccurate. It would seem that the Authors of the book were conflicted between making this a humorous light hearted read poking fun at the British or making it an incisive fact laden observation of life in the U.K and subsequently it achieves neither.
I also picked up on tones within the book that appeared to be quite anti English whilst being deeply affectionate towards the Scots, Welsh and N Irish.

All in all not what I expected and a read best avoided.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic effort, 26 May 2012
A very poor and unimaginative attempt at self-effacing humour. To judge by the types of platitudes expressed and the biases which shine through,the authors clearly inhabit that end of the political spectrum which is not known for being funny. Rather than ineptly trying to entertain a broader reading public, stick to the Guardian`s "Comment is Free" pages where you can be among your sheeplike kindred spirits.

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like this book., 1 Jun 2012
I found this book inconsistent, badly researched and rather boring. It also was failed the Kermode comedy test of having less then 5 proper laughs.

I am not writing any examples because someone will only comment on every single one of them however I would like to state that while some of the topics covered may be true in some areas of the British Isles they certainly aren't true in all of them and as such really shouldn't be included in a book that pertains to cover a wide area.

And Jaffa Cakes aren't a biscuit.

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth it, 24 Aug 2012
I thought this would be a funny read, but no... A long boring lists of items and trying to explain they item in the list... do not buy.

Sorry, I'm British!: An Insider's Romp Through Britain from A to Z