5.0 out of 5 stars Complex subject, but a page turner - wonderful
This book asks more questions than it answers, because the science discussed here is so very young. Lone Frank does not try to over simplify or produce easy certainties. The world she describes is uncertain, full of contradictions, and not yet coherent. By interviewing many different researchers, we get an overview of various current schools of thought, rather than one...
Published on 8 Nov 2011 by M. D. Holley

1.0 out of 5 stars nursery stories
Lone Frank has an interesting haplogroup. So she is interested in her ancestry. I'm not. There was very little science and very little interest. It may have come later but I gave up on her Lots of words , lots of anecdotal science but no real content.
Don't waste your money
Published 19 months ago by EA Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars A very informative and entertaining book indeed!, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Beautiful Genome: Exposing Our Genetic Future, One Quirk at a Time (Paperback)
A very informative and entertaining book for all of us interrested in genetics from a layman perspective. Here, the complicated subjects are finally explained in a understandable way for us "Dummies". Lone Frank invests her own body in a quest for knowledge of her DNA and what this knowledge can be used for today and in the future. She talks to world leading scientists and share her own thoughts with a lot of wit.

1.0 out of 5 stars nursery stories, 19 May 2013
Don't waste your money

3.0 out of 5 stars Strictly reviewing pricing!, 4 April 2012
I am pleased to see that the Kindle price has been adjusted in comparison to the book price - so I have adjusted the rating to 3 stars.
Once I have read it I will review in full.

Original Review - one star
A potentially interesting book - but why the rip of price for the Kindle edition?
I accept the VAT but please explain why this is more expensive than the paperback.

My Beautiful Genome: Exposing Our Genetic Future, One Quirk at a Time