on 10 September 2010
I bought this book for myself, after having read 'The Prophet' and absolutely loving it. It has a wealth of small, thought-provoking, and yet very simple verses, that have an intense ability to speak directly to any reader. They cover so much of the human experience, and I found myself both chuckling, and crying with sorrow at some of the words on the page, as they reflected so beautifully, and accurately my own experiences of life and love so far. I would highly recommend this lovely little book to anyone, who is either looking for comfort, affirmation, or inspiration for themselves, or as a beautiful and thoughtful gift for others. It would be appreciated by anyone who enjoys the pleasure of reading soulful and beautifully written words....it's an absolute gem.
on 12 January 2013
Beautiful poetry interspersed with black and white illustrations - a joy to read. The book's sleeve was attractively presented too. it would make a lovely present.
on 9 September 2012
the binding is twee. Nice layout, typography, illustration reproductions. Definitely one to dip into. As this is a collection, not made by the man himself, reading it sequentially is a bit over the top and disorientating. But to dip into, it's fabulous.
on 20 March 2013
A tiny little book of love. Great condition. Arrived fast. It is by my bedside to dip into for comfort.
on 13 December 2012
This is a beautiful little read. Kahil Gibran captures your thoughts with his amazing capacity of writing. Gave it as a present to someone I love so each time they may doubt they can take a quick peek.
on 4 September 2012
Lovely book full of lovely words..would make a great gift for a close friend who likes K Gibran or even just poems.
on 6 August 2013
Another little gem to store in one's bag, pocket, backpack, To browse in gentle moments on trains, park benches, whenever there are lovers to be seen, or when the reader feels love ... tiny words that can fill vast spaces. Enchanting little booklet.
on 1 November 2013
Absolutely beautiful, would be nice to have some illustrations but the text does all the talking as it should.
Great as a gift & great to keep if you love the romanticism of Gilbran's work.
on 10 May 2013
This book is just perfect. It was a gift to myself from myself but it really is a gift to the world! I recommend you to buy it, read it and love it!
on 27 February 2015
I sent this book to my Sister although I have not read it. I can picture you have to Love yourself before you Love others. Perhaps I am wrong.