5.0 out of 5 stars Dysciples did it for me!
Published on 8 Jun. 2010 by Sue Bagot

3.0 out of 5 stars Dysciples: Why I have yet to read this book
I bought this book becausde a friend suggested it to me. I was doing a bible study on the disciples and she thuoght it would be a good resource. That bible study has been and gone, and i never got further than page 3. I guess if i read the book, i would find out that this is merely just another dysciple disfunction. "I'll get round to it eventually!"
Published on 25 May 2010 by C. Warwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Dysciples did it for me!, 8 Jun. 2010
This review is from: DYSCIPLES (Paperback)
Have to say Krish did it for me with this book! Ever felt, useless, unworthy, incompetent, lousy and you let God down..time and time again?! well, you are not alone! The 12 chosen disciples were exactly the same, between them they harboured every dysfunction going!.. dissatisfied, dismissive, disappointed, dispassionate, disloyal etc etc! This book is a great reassurance that we are not alone, we are so like them. Yet God chose them all, despite their inadequacies and used them for a special purpose ..and he has chosen us too, despite all our dysfunctions! Krish pulls all of this together in a book that is so relevant to today, with anecdotes of every day life he acknowledges the pressures of busy working and family lives which naturally make us dysfunctional ..it is very 2010!. Krish reminds us through the book, that just like then, God pours out his unconditional Love, Grace and Forgiveness again and again and again despite our failures! I really enjoyed this book, its easy to read and very relevant to life today, for those of us that feel dysfunctional (..but try hard!)..go,buy,read ..and do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dysciples - a review by Lance Mepsted, 1 Sept. 2009
L. R. Mepsted (Rochester, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DYSCIPLES (Paperback)
After listening to Krish Kandiah for a week at Spring Harvest I greatly missed his talks when it came time to leave. I had no hesitation in buying Dysciples so I could extend the enjoyment of his easy going style into my normal working week. Dysciples is one of those books you can read if your not into heavy going biographies or theological texts. Krish uses interesting anecdotes, humour and personal experiences to show how it is possible to be a normal human being and still be a Christian. I probably ought to read it over and over to keep reminding myself how great God is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 10 Jun. 2010
This review is from: DYSCIPLES (Paperback)
I really enjoyed and was challenged by this book. Krish makes some pretty spot on points and lays down some of the ways we can be tempted to stray from the right path. It's a good and honest book too, would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dysciples: Why I Fall Asleep When I Pray and Twelve Other Discipleship Dysfunctions, 3 Jun. 2010
C. Kidd (Dibden, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DYSCIPLES (Paperback)
Last term in our youth work we used Krish Kandiah's Dysciples: Why I Fall Asleep When I Pray and Twelve Other Discipleship Dysfunctions, adapting each of the chapters as a short talk and response. With chapters that include:

* Why I feel I am going nowhere
* Why I feel such a hypocrite
* Why God seems out of reach
* Why I can't move mountains
* Why I want to be the best
* Why my mind wanders during communion
* Why I fall asleep when I pray
* Why I can't tell people about Jesus
* Why I could never be a missionary

The young people I work with really related to a lot of these feelings and frustrations. The short chapters were easy for a number of our younger leaders to take a topic and share some of the faith journey alongside Krish's theological thinking with the young people. It seemed to get a number of the young people really thinking and wrestling with these issues.

I thoroughly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 April 2015
This review is from: DYSCIPLES (Paperback)
great book for all dysaffected Chrstians

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating and insightful piece, 18 Nov. 2011
Robbie Newton - See all my reviews
This review is from: DYSCIPLES (Paperback)
So I picked this up on a whim whilst leading at a camp this summer. And boy, I did not regret it whatsoever. This is a fascinating piece of work by an author who is well versed in Christian ministry and writing. In Dysciples, Krish takes us through 13 key passages from Matthew's Gospel (whilst also drawing on various other passages) and relates them to every day life. From topics such as "Why do I fall asleep when I pray" to "Why can't I move mountains", Krish presents discussion and debate on key issues in today's Christian church. To do this, he looks at the example set by the First Christians, the literal followers of the real Christ. The 12 disciples. Why do we fall asleep when we pray? Well, in the Garden of Gethsemane, the disciples with Jesus could not even stay awake. And why are we afraid at times? Well, look, the disciples were with Jesus whilst he was sleeping in a tumultuous storm. In this way, Krish relates the experiences of the disciples to our modern day. The book, in my opinion, is particularly aimed as students and young people and can be ideal for small group discussions. A great book, and I recommend getting it. Krish is very honest here and relates a lot of what he talks about to many of his own experiences through extended metaphors and other such literary techniques. A great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 April 2015
an excellent book

3.0 out of 5 stars Dysciples: Why I have yet to read this book, 25 May 2010
C. Warwick "Charley" (London, England) - See all my reviews

DYSCIPLES
DYSCIPLES by KRISH KANDIAH (Paperback - 1 Mar. 2009)