5.0 out of 5 stars Easy style to read, but very deep content. Challenging.
One of the absolute best books I've ever read...of any genre! There are many "devotional" style books out there, but very few come close to this in either writing style, but more importantly in content. Probably the author's best work. Writes clearly, simply, and very powerfully. Best read in small chunks because even though the writing is clear, the...
Published on 7 Nov 1997

2.0 out of 5 stars it was a photo copy
Sadly this book was a photo copy of the original. I ordered this book for my Husband for Christmas...Even he was surprised it was a photo copy.
Published on 8 Jun 2011 by Caz

5.0 out of 5 stars The Persuit of God A.W.Tozer, 6 Nov 2010
S. K. North - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics) (Paperback)
Often in reading Christian literature A.W.Tozer is quoted so I thought I would read some of his work myself. I'm so glad I did and I discovered that it's no wonder that he is so often quoted. He was a wise and humble man of God and his writing provides a wealth of beautiful spiritual truths. Tozer had a close walk with the Lord and in this book encourages the reader towards developing their own relationship. Written in the 1950's this book provides insight into the religious scene of the day but through this points to the the importance of keeping our eyes on Jesus instead of blindly 'following' charasmatic leaders of our day. A thin volume packed with sound Christian teaching. I heartilly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a great book, 19 May 2013
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics) (Paperback)
Such a challenge, such an encouragement. Just brilliant - please do buy this book, it will help you more than you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian Book, 3 May 2013
It is difficult to write a summary about this book as it will take more than one reading to appreciate it, but it is full of truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics) (Paperback)
A simply sublime book. Hebrews 10 says we are free to come into the presence of the holy, mighty God describes in Revelation 4, and yet so many Christians settle for just getting by. If there was one book aside from the bible likely to inspire you to chase God more, this is it (along with Crazy Love by Chan). 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a gift, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics) (Paperback)
I already have this book and found it such good reading for anyone in Pursuit of God that I bought this one for a birthday gift

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pursuit of God - made easier to know and practice., 15 Aug 2012
Mike (Levittown, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Didn't realize that when they called this book a classic they really meant it. Many ideas and also clear direction to a more full walk with God (which, I think, is what we all really want). For the believer, God's "distance" is never the issue. It is only that we are to tune in to Him and the reassurance of His already immediate presence is known and felt by us. The idea of God's Throne in one's life (and there is room only for One on the throne at any time) is simplified. Yes, we want to walk with God. But remember it is He who reaches out to us before we can know Him in the first place. No wonder this book is so highly regarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 6 April 2013
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics) (Paperback)
This is a good book that arrived promptly and was inexpensive. Anything by Tozer is always a brilliant and inspiring read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tozer Classic, 9 Feb 2013
It is a classic by Tozer. A lot to be learned from it. Delivery to my Kindle app was brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 16 Jan 2013
This book expressed the teaching of the author and fulfilled the purpose for it's purchase.Excellent purchase,added to my book collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars pursuit of God, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics) (Paperback)
Its good to see how God moves and uses people in different ways.Good book for any person to read who is searching for somthing in life.

The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics)
The Pursuit of God (Authentic Classics) by A.W. Tozer (Paperback - 1 Nov 2004)