5.0 out of 5 stars Could be my way too
Published on 19 Mar. 2010 by S. Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars method of a legend
not as easy to follow as other books available and some techniques still valid today but every standard of golfer will learn something from it
Published on 1 Jan. 2010 by Mr. J. Hutchison

5.0 out of 5 stars Could be my way too, 19 Mar. 2010
S. Bailey (england) - See all my reviews
I have read so many golf instruction books that my book case is creaking under the weight of them. Some of them are more exciting for literary content (Ben Hogan, Percy Bloomer) and some are just prettier (Tiger Woods, Phil Mickleson). But I am gaining ever more trust in this one. Firstly, nobody has won more majors than Jack and secondly, his hands are the same size as mine!

His posture is not 21st century and there are others things which go against the current teaching fashion. But I like many of his unorthodoxies. My current favoutite is the ankle roll. Apparently totally no no for now (knees are not supposed to do that) but it helps me so much with rhythm and improves my ball striking for all range of shots.

Everything is clear, well organised and well illustrated. As the title says, it is his way but the 18 major title winner may have something good for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars From the hands of a master, 14 Sept. 2009
Dudley Boothroyd (North Devon U.K.) - See all my reviews
I first had this book many years ago when I started playing golf. Now the second time around I find it just as helpful. Getting into bad playing habits happens to us all, and this book is just the best for reminding us of what we should be doing with our game. Each step is so easy to understand, and Jack, although now retired tells all in an easy to understand way. The basics are all there. A good read for any golfer however good you think you are or if you are just starting to play for the first time. Written and illustrated by perhaps one of the best golfer of our time.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Golf My Way" is excellent because his way was great, 29 Nov. 2011
RR Waller "ISeneca" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Golf My Way (Paperback)
Written about thirty years ago, before the use of digital, fast-camera pictures (pen-and-ink and coloured washes only), this is an excellent book written by one of the all-time greats of golf, someone who pioneered what professionals do today without thinking, e.g. charting the golf course for specific distances, planning a game like a chess match and putting the ball in place for the next shot, using the pressure and adrenalin in his favour knowing everyone else was suffering too and all this before we mention his method.

Nicklaus played with a method not everyone could emulate; he is tall, has arms like my legs and legs like ... He was one of the first to use the big muscle to drive his swing and one of the first to analyse it sysematically using a regular coach. The list seems endless.

"Golf My Way" was a pioneering book from an original thinker and player and, despite its age, it still makes complete sense - flying right elbow and all. At these prices, its is worth the investment and, if you're lucky, you might find a first edition although, in my case, I bought it at the time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 July 2011
F Drew (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful book. Teaches the basics in a very detailed way, and is very entertaining. Jack Nicklaus shows how he developed his technique and why it worked for him. There's quite a bit here about his own golfing career, but written in a very useful way for someone learning the game. His comments on, and comparisons with other great golfers are really interesting, and at times really funny.

An excellent book for learning a very tricky sport, and reading how J Nicklaus achieved his success with the methods he describes was fascinating.

If you want to learn the game, and a master's thoughts and feelings about it, get this book. It's way better than all the boring, step by step, instruction books out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars method of a legend, 1 Jan. 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the earlier edition, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Golf My Way (Hardcover)
I was a bit disappointed as this is a re-issue of an earlier book. Same pictures and similar text, but instead of illustrating point by point there are long pages of text without pictures which are a bit technical for a beginner like me. Still it is a good guide and I like the fact that Jack is never dogmatic about the best stance etc. and he does give lots of useful tips

4.0 out of 5 stars Golf Jack's way, 19 July 2011
This review is from: Golf My Way (Hardcover)
This may be over 30 years old, but it is still one of the best golf books ever. Good pen=and-wash artwork beats photographs every time, and the advice on setup and 'visualizing the shot' is still better than anyone else has written.

Put it alongside the Pelz bibles and refer to it on winter evenings!

Adrian

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever, 6 Aug. 2013
Bought this years ago when I first took up golf. An excellent read. Lent it to a friend who didn't return it.
Been struggling with my game recently and decided to go back to fundamentals, bought this again and
now back in the swing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterclass, 23 Mar. 2011
G. Kidd (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Nicklaus is probably the greatest golfer ever and in my view will not be beaten by anyone. This text is about how he plays golf and not an instruction book. But, it is packed full of very useful information - it's a gold mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct and easy to follow, 20 Oct. 2014
N. Towers (North Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent, easy to read and understand, guide to the golf swing. More direct and straightforward, but not quite so beautifully illustrated, than Ben Hogan's also excellent book.

Golf My Way
Golf My Way by Jack Nicklaus (Hardcover - 1 Jan. 1990)
Used & New from: £0.01