on 10 January 2004
Easy reading and sound advice on de-cluttering every area of your life. Written with gentle humour to soften the blow of parting with all the stuff that our consumer society has convinced us we need, but is weighing us down both literally and emotionally. It's more than a guide to tidying up, it's an enlightened, sensible way of living a better life.
Buy this, keep it handy and re-read at least every spring. You'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago.
on 28 October 2006
I read this book when I was swamped by possessions. I felt overwhelmed and miserable. This book is THE bible for clutter clearing. Where do I start on my clutter? How do I get rid of it? What do I do with it all? Written in a serious, yet humorous, style with loads of practical advice on identifying and eliminating clutter, the message of this book is that clutter is actually harmful and you CAN do something about it. Simple guidelines make it really easy to get rid of the junk that is driving you crazy.

After years of struggling in chaos, this book provided the impetus and instructions for me to get my act together. With my experience of tossing junk, I am now quite good at helping others to get rid of their clutter too !!
on 9 October 2014
I first read this book a couple of decades ago, loved it and passed it on to my sister. I bought it again as I had enjoyed it so much but was starting to lapse. I enjoy making things and tend to see a use for almost anything which, of course, soon fills up your home if you're not careful! This is a brilliant book to make you step back and take stock of your "collections" and indeed your life. Are you so busy wading round your possessions that you aren't actually living?
Time to throw away your ice cream tubs, odd bits of fabric, items for hobbies that you have long since abandoned, obscure mechanical bits that have dropped off something and you've kept just in case. Let's be honest, if you do ever need them, the chances are you won't be able to find them because of all the rest of your clutter.
Read the book, laugh and get rid. You'll breathe easier and have more time for life.
on 30 December 2012
A great motivator for getting organised and moving on that clutter. Also makes you think about what you really need. Difficult to persuade family not to buy useless stuff for Christmas, even though I gave them a strict list.
on 25 February 2013
This book is a must for any hoarder, it puts 'stuff' into context and motivates action. When I flag I dip into it again and its practical help. and sound sense soon gets me going again.
on 1 September 2011
My parents are hoarders. I've tried to help them over the years and when I got a copy of this excellent book, I thought it would be ideal for them so I passed it on to them. Unfortunately they can no longer find it as it has become lost somewhere in their clutter!!!!
on 22 March 2015
Great book for those reluctant to let go of clutter. I loaned mine to someone many years ago and never got it back. So pleased to see a used copy on Amazon. Came very quickly and I've already started throwing things out. It's very easy to read and it makes you want to let your clutter go.
on 30 October 2015
this book doesn't tell me anything new but is an entertaining read nonetheless.
on 21 November 2014
A very useful book. An asset for me thats for sure. It tells the truth.
on 12 November 2015
This book is a must for anyone seriously intending to make changes