on 15 August 2009
This book covers all of the material in excellent detail with a large number of questions for practice to make learning material easier, an in depth revision section at the end of each section and a great selection of exam questions with ideal sample answers. It's a must have for all psychology students.
on 30 August 2011
I never normally write reviews for anything but this book was so good that i felt it deserved all the praise i could give it! Some people have said the layout and page designs are too confusing but for a teenager its great. I actually enjoyed revising and learning from this book because the pages were so much more exciting than the plain text in the AQA books which i was provided by the school. The language is more informal so i found it easier to understand but this doesnt take anything away from its academic credability! The best part of this textbook is the question and answer pages. It provides questions (some of which did actually come up on my exam paper) and shows you two different example answers and explains and points out what is right and wrong in both. This helps you create the perfect answer and after getting a D in my Unit 1 exam originally, i scraped using the AQA book and just studied from this one! Then i retook the exam and got an A because it shows you how to actually answer the questions properly! Cannot recommend this book enough!
on 16 June 2011
Ive seen a few reviews rating this text book only 1 star! I used this book and the AQA endorsed (Nelson Thornes) book for AS psychology. I found this book so useful, as it breaks down all the relevant and important information so it's easier to understand. It includes other material for general interest, but I can't understand the low ratings! I used it loads for my psychology exams, and would highly recommmend it!
on 3 June 2011
Before I started my first year of A levels I looked around and read reviews for different types of psychology books and found that this had the best review. Once I received this text book I could understand why. Its so easy to read, keeps things interesting so doesn't really make revising over notes or learning new things as tiresome as it usually is for me. My school provides another psychology book that has all of the studies and content needed for AQA psychology but it's so much harder to read.

The only criticism I have is that it doesn't contain every study I've learnt at school although it does contain a majority of them and the way it describes studies makes it hard to forget.

All in all great text book.
on 10 September 2010
Psychology AS is fantastic! It covers absolutely everything and is laid out in an easy to understand format. This book is an absolute must have for anyone studying Psychology at any level! I LOVE IT!!
on 14 November 2011
This was a great way for me to access a book at a very affordable price. I have adviced all my pals to purchase from amazon. Thanx
on 4 November 2010
Excellent transaction and book is in excellent condition. Seller highly recommended, I certainly would use this seller again.
on 13 October 2010
I think this book is really good. Anyone who does phycology needs this book. It is really good value for money!
on 11 June 2010
As the professional reviews say, this book does cover everything that you will need to complete the AS level psychology, with detailed notes on most topics.
However, as another 2 star review said, the bulk of the book is overwhelmingly wordy, while the chapter summaries are concise to the point of being vague, meaning to revise there's no real way of escaping the long slabs of text you have to trawl through to find what you want. There are also seemingly some important things left unclear. For example, though the Biological Psychology chapter describes both acute and chronic stress in great detail, there seems to be no clear statement indicating the difference between the two, possibly because the book has drowned in its own vocabulary and cannot bring the descriptions back to simplicity.

So, in general an interesting read and good definitive guide to studying psychology at A level, but could strike a better balance beteween being too wordy, or not wordy enough. All the facts and arguments are there, if you can find them.
on 23 February 2013
i am studying a access diploma in nursing and midwifery and we are following the AS psychology as a part of our course. this book is great, and is what i was looking for. it was recommended by my psychology tutor and has everything i need to know in there, from ethics and research methods, to the three main branches of psychology (behaioural, cognitive and biological) its easy to understand and helps loads with my coursework and helps me follw along in class. i would reccomemnd it to anyone who needs a good AS pychology book