5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Sherlock Holmes - A Timeless Classic, 22 Jan 2006
A. Shard "Andy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sherlock Holmes: Complete Illustrated Stories (Hardcover)
This volume was the Complete Sherlock Holmes it was printed in the same format as the original Strand Magazinge including the illustrations. Not only was it the complete Sherlock Holmes (and by complete I mean complete) it had all the 'Last Bow' stories as well. They are all in the chronological order as printed in the Strand.
I can't give a synopsis of all the individual stories it would take too much space.
However anybody even remotely familliar with Conan Doyles most famous character will know them.
All I can say is that this is a volume to treasure, despite the fact it was remaindered in the UK. If you ever get a chance to get a copy grab it, it will be well worth your time.
All apologies to Basil Rathbone but I think the book (Any book) is far superior to any depictment.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant buy, 12 July 2012
bookwormsu "thrifty" (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Sherlock Holmes: Complete Illustrated Short Stories: Complete Illustrated Stories

This is a lovely book. The illustrations are quite well reproduced and really give you the atmosphere of the time. The paper is good, and the weight of the volume quite acceptable to hold. I think this must be the best Sherlock I have found to go on my shelves. I have a well-produced Folio Society one but it does not have the original illustrations which really make this a good read. The text is OK to read, though the Folio society one is bigger text, but then it takes double the space. As an OAP I would not reject this book on type-size, and some, unfortunately I have to; one of old age's little things we have to bear. Full marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my!, 20 Sep 2012
This book is AMAZING! It has 56 short stories with illustrations and I can't wait to read/re-read them. I absolutely LOVE Sherlock Holmes and this book will be going everywhere with me because I don't think I will be able to put it down. Thank goodness for big handbags is all I have to say for myself!
Anybody that loves Sherlock Holmes will love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars As promised, good quality second hand book delivered on time, 9 Mar 2014
As promised good quality second hand book delivered on time. Read this before and want red to secure a copy and here it is

4.0 out of 5 stars THE QUALITY WAS REALLY GOOD, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sherlock Holmes: Complete Illustrated Stories (Hardcover)
I ordered this item and was really pleased with it. The quality was really good and I was pleased with the edition and if you are a student and studying Sherlock Holmes, this is definitely the right edition. I think the quality was not that bad, since it was a second hand copy I ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 17 Sep 2013
Enjoying working our way through the stories.
Book is used but perfectly acceptable.
Would recommend to everyone, Arthur Conan Doyle was a brilliant writer

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, well presented, 28 Aug 2013
Bought as a gift, this book did not disappoint. Great to include original illustrations. A contents page at the beginning of the book would have been helpful but really cannot fault this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant price for a superb book, 10 Aug 2013
I was delighted with this book. A book which is illustrated and
which covers a wide range of Conon Doyle's work.

ARRAY(0xac9c0ac8)

Sherlock Holmes: Complete Illustrated Stories
Sherlock Holmes: Complete Illustrated Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Hardcover - 31 Dec 1986)
Used & New from: 0.01