Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 April 2014
This is a beautiful book with wonderful colours and basic descriptions how it was done. It makes you want to take out your paint brushes right away and start painting
on 13 April 2014
This book takes me right back to experimenting at art college which has opened another channel for me with my art, I had forgotten all the different techniques, so I am reliving my creational skills.
on 19 April 2014
Love the loose and colorful flowing watercolor paintings of Ann. She is very creative and we were lucky to be able to get this book so quick through the United Kingdoms Amazon system.
on 10 May 2014
If you like twee 'chocolate boxy' water colours this book is not for you. It's explores mixed media, stretches water colour to its limits, encourages you to take some ideas and try them out for yourself, a completely new way of looking at things. Wreck some paper but above all enjoy playing and see what happens - I've seen Ann Blockley demonstrate several times and I love the work that she produces. If you want to dabble in the abstract but still produce pictures with a recognisable subject then this book is worth every penny.
on 16 May 2014
It is very freeing ! So mmuch so that I have to pick up the challenge and dare to adventure at the rtisk of ruiniig the painting seemingly. But she shows how that can be overcome, painted over which makes a watercolor base not nearly so risky. I love her freedom, her eye too. It will take me a while to study it closely as it is dense with suggestions. I ordered her former book also and her fathers.
It's the best book I've read so far.
on 2 June 2014
I did not fell this was quite so good as other s of hers- not many demonstrations-just examples.I would have liked to know more techniques used.
on 25 April 2014
As ever Ann Blockley has come up with a winner of a book. It is informative, inspirational and a joy to browse through.
on 20 May 2014
Another great book from Ann lots of ideas and techniques to try out. Not a book for a complete beginner but any improving artist would love this book I'm sure.
on 18 May 2014
A lovely book in every way. Beautifully illustrated and informative it encourages the amateur artist to try an experimental approach
on 19 July 2014
These pictures are harder to paint than they look so are a brilliant challenge, but I have to admit that I am making a right pig's ear of them at the moment and have to put the book away now and again so that I don't get despondent. Fantastic feeling when you get it right though