5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction comic book for 6+ children, 27 Dec 2010
P. Bastow "flowerman" (Worthing,UK) - See all my reviews
OK, so I have start this review by stating my two boys and I are big Sarah Sarah McIntyre and Vern & Lettuce fans. It was instant success in The DFC (a brillant comic for children but now sadly defunct) and my boys (7 and 9 at the time) instantly liked the cheeky humour and the great artwork. Sarah is an amazing artist and you can view her talents in other childrens books but this was her first stab at writing a comic. Keep an eye on Sarah as we're sure she's going to be a famous children's book illustrator for many years to come.

Of all The DFC books this one is aimed more towards younger children however older children will also like it. Its actually really nice to have all the Vern & Lettuce stories in one place. This would make a great Christmas or Birthday present.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read to bring a smile to your face - this bunny and sheep have a lot of fun together!, 7 Nov 2010
When I saw the cover, I thought this would be a cute read. I love bunnies and collect items with bunnies on. Lettuce the bunny has such an entertaining time Vern. They get into so much trouble, sometimes on their own and sometimes because of Lettuce's brothers and sisters. Vern is a generous sheep, sometimes too generous - he gives up his warm, natural coat to create presents for Lettuce's family. He then cold, leaving Lettuce and her family to come up with a solution.

One of the great things about this book is how there is a story to each page (sometimes it continues onto the next page). This makes it a perfect read if readers have a short attention span or are pressed for time. Just one page will have the reader laughing away. (From what I can gather, each strip featured in The DFC weekly). Reoccurring characters include moles, polar bears, a squirrel, pigeons. Some of those are gangsters. Some are rebels. All are funny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny for older readers too, 18 Aug 2011
I'm a grown up male graphic novel fan with no kids whatsoever.... and this short funny book certainly managed to keep my interest. The cute art is to die for, and the humor has enough quirkiness to sustain an older readers interest... I'll certainly consider future Sarah McIntyre books, even if I'm not quite her target age group. Her career is just starting, and she'll be HUGE one day.

DFC Library: Vern & Lettuce
DFC Library: Vern & Lettuce by Sarah McIntyre (Paperback - 1 Aug 2013)