5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Grow Your Own Plants (Paperback)
this is exactly what I wanted, a simple to understand book with photos. because I am not an expert gardener, I really needed the diagrams to explain exactly how to take cuttings of plants and shrubs. it explains clearly the types of cuttings and shows you exactly what to do. Great !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good place to start if you know very little about gardening, 9 Jun. 2014
What I know about gardening could be written on the back of a postage stamp, this book helps fill up that space.
I have read the book and found it very interesting, I don't feel like I'm being talked to as a complete plonker by Mr T. I am not an avid reader at all but really enjoyed the way the book is written, not dazzling you with science etc. just telling you what really need to know and how to go about things. There are terms used I don't understand but that's where I would find a dictionary helpful.
I just want to enjoy gardening and growing my own plants, I hadn't even considered increasing my plant collection by taking cuttings, yet the way Mr T. tells you how to go about it with good diagrams showing where to cut the plant and the different type of cuttings that can be taken from various plants has encouraged me to have a go at doing cuttings, sorry no results to publish from my attempts so far but I'm hopeful I will succeed.
Other chapters tell you what you about growing from seed, propagation, (the propagation index is also very helpful and informative), layering and grafting. Ok, layering and grafting are not on my radar right now, still got my L plates on, but when I do want to have a go at these things I know whose book I'm going to pick up.
A good book for the novice gardener,
Forgot to say there are plenty of photos in the book that as a novice gardener (ooh me a novice gardener? bigging myself up a bit there, total beginner more like) inspire me to try to produce plants that look that good.
I hope you like my review, if you don't then stick it in your compost bin, thanks for reading

4.0 out of 5 stars Good infirmative book., 21 Dec. 2013
Very pleased with this book. Exactly what I was looking for. Easy to follow instructions. I have bought several of these books now.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of good tips. Good reading and easy to understand, 10 Dec. 2014
A lot of good tips. Good reading and easy to understand, will help me get back into the gardening mode.

Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Grow Your Own Plants
Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden: Grow Your Own Plants by Alan Titchmarsh (Paperback - 14 Mar. 2013)