5.0 out of 5 stars Secret little recipe book
Really love this book. It's small but gives you lots of simple to follow instructions, photos for every recipe(nice to see what the final product looks like), and uses accessible ingredients available in the British supermarkets.
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by Pp

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough slow cook recipes
I wanted recipes for my new purchase. This looked a good book with good reviews but there are too many recipes which require a lot of separate preparation and short cooking times. I bought my slow cooker to have a simple one pot meal ready when I get home in the evening, after putting all the ingredients in before I leave in the morning. I'll have to look for another book!
Published on 9 Dec 2011 by J. Edwards

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GoodFood 101 Slow Cooker Favourites, 7 Mar 2012
This review is from: Good Food: Slow Cooker Favourites: Triple-tested Recipes (Good Food 101) (Paperback)
A great book at a very good price.Well written with no flim-flam,who needs pictures I know what chicken looks like.Fast delivery just 2 days to get here and that was free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Food 101, 7 Jan 2012
Book a bit smaller than expected but overall a very good purchase. Purchased as a gift for my mother and she loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooker Favourites, 6 Dec 2011
Some tried and tested recipies in this little book. Not all to my taste, but a lot of good ideas and new things to try in the slow cooker. Worth buying for inspiration and to get away from the old stewing beef type meals!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, 14 Mar 2012
It's ok if you dont really know any of the basics of cooking but there's very little here I wouldn't know how to do off the top of my head, and many recipes require too much last minute activity to justify them as convenient slow cooker recipes. If you have just left home and Mummy (or Daddy) have always cooked for you it is great, otherwise don't bother - not good enough to keep but not bad enough to send back; will make a good stocking filler.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as useful as I was expecting, 6 Oct 2014
A few too many of the recipes in this book are ones that have been converted for slow cooker use, but would probably be easier/quicker to cook the traditional way. I was hoping for a bigger range of recipes that would clearly benefit from long, slow cooking such as stews, soups and casseroles. Who would bother to make chicken couscous in a slow cooker when you can whip it up in a wok type pan in half an hour anyway? Bit of a waste of time in my opinion. I won't this book much I'm afraid.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 May 2013
I bought this as I have one other slow cooker recipe book and wanted to expand what I cook. My view was you did prep the night before and in the morning tip your prepared meat/veg into the cooker and head off to work. Sadly for me a lot of these recipes are 'staged' i.e. you leave something for a couple of hours, add something else in for a bit, and so on. Defeats the purpose for me. Might suite if you are at home during the day but question your need for a slow cooker if that's the case!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 23 Nov 2014
Was very disappointed with this book. It's a rehash of recipes in the other books in the series with slightly longer cooking times. I thought that it would contain recipes that you could cook all day when you went out but most of these are around the two hour mark and you'd probably cook them conventionally anyway rather than just add a bit of time to the cooking length.

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to be a good book and she is enjoying using it, 7 Dec 2014
I purchased this for my elderly mother who has recently bought her first slow cooker. It seems to be a good book and she is enjoying using it. One slight criticism though is that she has mentioned that many of the recipes included inside use a large number of ingredients so it is not as easy to make the food as she hoped it would be, as a newcomer to slow cooking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Little that stands out, 14 Jan 2012
We bought this book on the back of 101 meals for two which we found very good. 101 slow cooker favourites has been a little dissapointing however and with a larger number of "filler" recipes I would say; I really can't imagine slow-cooking porridge for 2 hours! As the title of the review implies, there are some decent recipes but little that grabbed my fascination. Had I browsed this book in a bookshop I doubt I would have purchased it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Food: slow cooker favourites, 10 July 2014
good recipes easy to follow enjoyed trying them

‹ Previous | 1 2 316 | Next ›

Good Food: Slow Cooker Favourites: Triple-tested Recipes (Good Food 101)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available