4.0 out of 5 stars good intro to wokery
Published 22 months ago by Pat

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably wouldn't order again
The recipes are all pretty much the same, often just one or two ingredients are different. This surprised me, there must be some variety when it comes to stir fry food? Ok for quick inspiration but you may as well just google "stir fry" and save yourself the money. Nothing too impressive in this little book.
Published 3 months ago by reviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good intro to wokery, 5 Jun 2012
Pat (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
ken hom's 'my kitchen table: 100 quick stir-fry recipes is a handy little book with a lot of good ideas for wok-based cookery. anyone with a bit of imagination can easily move from these recipes into variations of their own. ingredients from the included recipes can be added or removed to make dishes that are perfect for one's own palate. cooking with a wok is as simple as you want to make it or as involved. hom's book is a good jumping off spot for just about anyone. i'm a professional chef who bought this title for a friend and then wound up buying one for myself after looking through the one i gave away, if that's any sort of testimonial.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT WEE BOOK, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
absolutely fab wee book- every recipe makes your mouth water, there arent many i dont want to try. Have made 5 or 6 recipes so far and all have been gorgeous, ten times nicer than any takeaway. You need to go to an asian supermarket and spend 15-20 on chinese ingredients for storecupboard, but each is used over and over again in every recipe so well worth the investment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, 9 May 2012
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
I bought this book, and was a little surprised at the size of it, it's quite small, however, it's packed with fabulous little recipes. I have made about 10 dishes now, and it's great! Love the Hom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, quick, easy and tasty, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
An excellent and very clearly laid out book of easy and delicious Chinese and Chinese-style recipes. Well illustrated, good clear instructions, all step by step, and very easy to find exactly what you are looking for. If you ever thought cooking Chinese food was complicated or time consuming, think again. So much quicker than Western cooking, though you will need to raid the oriental supermarket first. Quite a lot of overlap with Ken Hom's "Simple Chinese Cookery" which I got at the same time, and also the instructions and photos are more limited/compact (logically - the book is pocket sized)... but firstly there's enough non-overlap to make both worth having, and secondly if you're cooking more than one dish for your meal I find it quite handy to use both even if the same recipe can be found in just one book. I have cooked little else than Chinese since getting this book for Christmas! Try the Sichuan prawns - SO good, and ready before you know it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ken Hom Quick Stir Fry Recipes, 10 Jun 2011
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
I love stir frys but unfortunately they always tasted very much the same, time after time.
Having purchased this book I can now have such a variation, it's quite mind boggling.
Taste is everything, no matter how slight and this book is very educational. Well worth
purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 18 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
I'm not normally one to write a review but with this book I had to. I've always been put off chinese cook books due to the seemingly never ending lists of obscure ingredients, however after previewing this book it didn't look too bad so thought I'd give it a go and am very glad I did. With a few basic ingredients, (inexpensive to buy initially and last a long time) I've managed to make some dishes that rival the take-away. The egg fried rice inparticular is lovely, and the stir fried brocolli is amazing! Tonight Singapore noodles are on the menu. Can't recommend this book highly enough and is superb value for money! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
If like me you love stir fry food then this book is a must. I've lost count how many recipes I've tried so far but each one has been delicious. Makes cooking at home so much more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ken Hom 100 Quick Stir Fry Recipes, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
As always with Ken Hom over many years great recipes clearly explained. Would recommend this book especially for newcomers to Chinese Cooking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ideas, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
I have to admit I haven't yet had time to try any of the recipes from Ken's book but some of them look amazing and I will definitely try to work my way through them. Yes, it does say you need to stock up on some ingredients first but I bought this book more as an inspiration to try new ideas rather than necessarily following each recipe verbatim. On this basis it is very good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Recipes, 15 Sep 2013
James Brown (Gourock, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes (Paperback)
Good recipe book with straightforward ingredients and simple to follow recipes. Great place to start with Chinese and other Asian meals at home.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa637d1b0)

My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes
My Kitchen Table: 100 Quick Stir-fry Recipes by Ken Hom (Paperback - 6 Jan 2011)
4.00