4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing
Published on 1 Dec 2011 by Alana

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected
Some funny bits but not exactly a hoot! OK but I would not recommend it to anyone, I was expecting some acerbic humour from Mr Clarkson but was sorely disappointed.
Published 11 months ago by Peter760

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
Since my Dad watches Top Gear like his life depended on it, I thought "why not this for Christmas"? I've had a flick through and everything I read had me giggling and got me a lot of strange looks from work colleagues. If you like Top Gear or anything that has to do with cars n driving then get this, it's giggle and laugh guaranteed -- I can see my Dad laughing his head off reading this. I'm not disapointed with this buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fathers day present to date, 21 Jun 2010
Mrs. Ka Kidd "Tash" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
Our son bought this for his dad and i just thought that it would be a token present and he wont even bother looking at it. But as i was cooking breakfast i heard belly laughing coming from the room and when i went to look i saw both of them looking through this book and really laughing. it was nice sight for a fathers day morning.

this is not all, i have heard my husband qoute snippets of it to his friends on the phone and, as i have him as a friend on facebook, i have witnessed him use it to inform his status updates.

i never write reviews but i felt i should give my son credit - in writting- for arguing with me to buy this for his dad, it turned out to be a real winner. Well done DYLAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 July 2010
Sir Furboy (Aberystwyth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
this book is absolutely wonderful. A funny alternative view to the Highway Code. I have not laughed so much at a book about driving since I read the equally funny (but now probably out of print) "Boston Drivetr's Handbook". This book does not steal from the other one, but the tongue in cheek humour is very similar.

I am not a big fan of Top Gear the programme, but that did not detract from my enjoyment of this hilarious book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 25 April 2013
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
To anyone has ever suffered from the annoyance of having to learn a whole lot of highway code material, from the blindingly obvious to the irritatingly pedantic, this is the perfect antidote. Full of Top Gear's tradmark flipancy and sarcasm, this book is one long joke. Bound to offend at some point in the best possible way, the only complaint I have is that it is a little short. But the pictures are a treat, a perfect pastiche of the ones in the original highway code.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and just pure genius!, 9 Sep 2010
Ms Kang (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
I saw this and wanted it for myself but never got around to buying it. I was out shopping the other day with my boyfriend and I showed him (as we're both into Top Gear) and he fell in love with it so I bought it for him as a birthday present!
It's great fun to read and it really cheers me up about driving as I'm a learner driver. Would recommend to any Top Gear fan! Guaranteed to make you laugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code, 11 July 2011
Mr. P. I. Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
Very Funny book as I have read this over and over again and have passed on to my family who also loved it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Gear - The Alternative Highway Code, 19 Mar 2011
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
I bought this as a gift for someone else but had a quick peak before wrapping it. I wish I had bought it for myself it looked a fun read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant xmas gift for both dad and grandad, 29 Dec 2010
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
I bought two copies of this book; one for my grandad and one for my dad. Both recipients were very pleased with their present and are well under way with reading it.

I had a cheeky read of some of one of the copies and it was brilliant. Very funny and very lighthearted. This book is a perfect little present for anyone with a sense of humour and an interest in cars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 13 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Follow this and fail your test !!, 31 May 2010
mark elston - See all my reviews
This review is from: Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code (Hardcover)
What a great laugh. Particularly liked advice about which queue to choose at a petrol station, loads of crazy signs, which items to throw on to the central reservation and how to do a three point turn in a home-made limousine. Typical Top Gear nonsense but boy it's genius.

Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code
Top Gear: The Alternative Highway Code by Ministry of Top Gear (Hardcover - 27 May 2010)