Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 June 2012
As i have mentioned in other reviews I love the work of Bob Rotella. The Psyche sceptics will say that this is all very obvious but the way that Bob Rotella gets his point across and the anecdotes he uses are very insightful and very close to home! I have read a couple of his other books but the unstoppable golfer really concentrates on the short game element where I tend to struggle. This book was recommended by my pro who knows me and my game well and after a day of frustration on the greens (including an ugly 4 putt) i knuckled down and read this. The week after I shot a comfortable 66 without feeling I played that well! The main learning for me is to just get out of my own way of trying so hard and listening to all the mechanics and teachings from well meaning friends / pros and just get on and play. Golf is a game / an art form not a science and the guys who make it look natural are usually the ones who succeed.

I now play with much more of an improved attitude towards my short game and try to enjoy it. I dont have the time to practice and this is covered in the book on how to take a better mental attitude to the course. I was bordering on having the dreaded yips and this book has almost been like an epiphany for me - THANKS BOB!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 June 2012
It is no coincidence that so many Major winners have worked with Bob Rotella, and that he is in such demand amongst top professional players. Golf, as all who play it know, is as much a mental as as a physical challenge and Rotella's advice is invaluable in addressing the mental part. In this book he addresses the short game, pointing out that in this area of the game, where most of our shots are taken, and where almost all payers have the physical skills necessary to achieve great results, it is the mental side which determines your score.

Drawing on recent work with Padraig Harrington and Darren Clarke amongst others, Rotella persuasively makes the point that if we can stop actively thinking about physical technique, and just trust our minds, we will achieve more and score better. Endorsed by Darren Clarke, who thanks Rotella for his Open win, this is a great little book which is sure to lower your scores and your handicap if you follow the author's advice.

Enjoyable reading, with lots of interesting anecdotes, some effective practice routines, and very persuasive advice.
on 28 March 2013
I've got all of Dr Bob's books, and the themes are all the same, but this focus on the short game really got me to change the way I record my game and get some focus into my lessons with my local pro. I do practice what Rotella preaches when on the course, and it has had a big impact on my game and the way I think about it. This is a must read addition to a golfer's library - probably the most important.
on 20 October 2012
I am a fan of Dr Bob. I love the way he repeats, repeats, repeats the fact that us golfers tend to over think, and tie ourselves in knots..... When I apply his advice out on the course,,,,,"Don't think.....focus on Target, Ball, Target, Ball.....HIT IT" I score much much better.....and most importantly golf is once again, a fun challenging exciting adventure.......and not an irritating, impossible, painful, pointless waste of time and money. At this moment in time, I sincerely hope if I ever go back to that "Miserable" battle......that I'll chuck it in and go and find something more enjoyable to spend thousands of pounds on......Get it..Read it...TRY IT (don't just keep on doing what you've always been doin!) And if you don't find yourself enjoying your golf more. PACK IT IN....LIFE IS TOO SHORT! Since reading Rotella, I've come down from 6.8 to 4.3 (8 months) But that aint the best part for me...... What Golfers cannot buy.......is enjoyment for the best/worst game in the world......And I'm lovin it!!!
on 1 June 2015
Dr. Bob knows what goes on in the professional and the hacker's head. This book already improved my putting and I know my chipping will get better despite the fact that reading the book made me worse last week.
on 29 January 2014
A great book which concentrates on the psychology of golf. Rotella's anecdotes are entertaining and will strike a chord with most golfers. Do not however, expect to learn how to play from this book; it assumes you already know!
on 5 September 2014
I really enjoy Rotellas books, and this one is no exception. After I've begun reading his books, I've played better golf and enjoyed playing so much more. Not just because of playing better, but because I've learned to focus and to accept and forget my mistakes. Thanks, Bob!
on 11 October 2013
This book contains the secrets of good golf.
Bob tells all and when you consider he earns his living helping pros (for a good fee) , he has been most generous in sharing his experiences .

when reading just imagine he is standing beside you
on 29 September 2013
Rottella repeats his mantra about "getting out of your own way" that will not be new to his fans but it was good to get reinforcement of it. He also tackles the issue of how do you envision the ball going into the hole but not be disappointed when it doesn't? His tendency to use lots of parallels from basketball is a little annoying and largely irrelevant for British readers but, on the whole, this book is useful to any golfer who wants to improve their short game.
on 28 July 2014
This is another fantastic book from Dr Bob. Full of useful advice and tips which we as club golfers can apply to our game. The book clearly shows that although the elite golfers may have a higher skill level than us club golfers they still need to train and apply their golfing mind and they are no different to us in that respect.