5.0 out of 5 stars the best golf book / self help book I have read
Published on 28 Jun. 2012 by Rightoutthebox

2.0 out of 5 stars very interesting when wanting to cope with the pressure, but hardly a book on the "short game" !
Nobody will contest the fact that Rotella is a true specialist when trying to to give us, high handicappers, the right mental approach to the game ; Rotella having coped with this specific issue in his previous books, one can only be frustrated by the lack of if information on the "short game", supposedly what the book is about.
Published on 27 Jan. 2013 by BROWN Dominique

5.0 out of 5 stars the best golf book / self help book I have read, 28 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Unstoppable Golfer (Hardcover)
As i have mentioned in other reviews I love the work of Bob Rotella. The Psyche sceptics will say that this is all very obvious but the way that Bob Rotella gets his point across and the anecdotes he uses are very insightful and very close to home! I have read a couple of his other books but the unstoppable golfer really concentrates on the short game element where I tend to struggle. This book was recommended by my pro who knows me and my game well and after a day of frustration on the greens (including an ugly 4 putt) i knuckled down and read this. The week after I shot a comfortable 66 without feeling I played that well! The main learning for me is to just get out of my own way of trying so hard and listening to all the mechanics and teachings from well meaning friends / pros and just get on and play. Golf is a game / an art form not a science and the guys who make it look natural are usually the ones who succeed.

I now play with much more of an improved attitude towards my short game and try to enjoy it. I dont have the time to practice and this is covered in the book on how to take a better mental attitude to the course. I was bordering on having the dreaded yips and this book has almost been like an epiphany for me - THANKS BOB!!

5.0 out of 5 stars how to make lower scores, 6 Jun. 2012
markr - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Unstoppable Golfer (Hardcover)
It is no coincidence that so many Major winners have worked with Bob Rotella, and that he is in such demand amongst top professional players. Golf, as all who play it know, is as much a mental as as a physical challenge and Rotella's advice is invaluable in addressing the mental part. In this book he addresses the short game, pointing out that in this area of the game, where most of our shots are taken, and where almost all payers have the physical skills necessary to achieve great results, it is the mental side which determines your score.

Drawing on recent work with Padraig Harrington and Darren Clarke amongst others, Rotella persuasively makes the point that if we can stop actively thinking about physical technique, and just trust our minds, we will achieve more and score better. Endorsed by Darren Clarke, who thanks Rotella for his Open win, this is a great little book which is sure to lower your scores and your handicap if you follow the author's advice.

Enjoyable reading, with lots of interesting anecdotes, some effective practice routines, and very persuasive advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped me, 9 July 2013
I have never read a book about the mental side of golf since "the inner golfer" twenty years ago. However I noticed I was starting to think about my scores and the potential outcome and ramification of each shot before I hit it. The effect seemed to be that I would not get the lower scores I used to get in the past. Technology means I probably hit the ball better so thought I would give this book a try.

My impression overall is very good. There are bits where, for me, a dour scot it goes a bit far but there was a certain logic that has genuinely made me think differently when playing. For example, I liked the concept that every golfer has a (scoring) corridor that they are comfortable in. When you go outside that corridor i.e. below your normal expectation of scoring during a round you will mentally want to move back to where you are comfortable as you will get more cautious, feel nervous, play safe. All the things that will move our score back up. It just asked the question why? Then offered some ideas to avoid this feeling. It has worked for me - for how long is a question but for now I am very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars The key messages about the short game, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Unstoppable Golfer (Hardcover)
I've got all of Dr Bob's books, and the themes are all the same, but this focus on the short game really got me to change the way I record my game and get some focus into my lessons with my local pro. I do practice what Rotella preaches when on the course, and it has had a big impact on my game and the way I think about it. This is a must read addition to a golfer's library - probably the most important.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unstoppable Golfer, 20 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Unstoppable Golfer (Hardcover)
I am a fan of Dr Bob. I love the way he repeats, repeats, repeats the fact that us golfers tend to over think, and tie ourselves in knots..... When I apply his advice out on the course,,,,,"Don't think.....focus on Target, Ball, Target, Ball.....HIT IT" I score much much better.....and most importantly golf is once again, a fun challenging exciting adventure.......and not an irritating, impossible, painful, pointless waste of time and money. At this moment in time, I sincerely hope if I ever go back to that "Miserable" battle......that I'll chuck it in and go and find something more enjoyable to spend thousands of pounds on......Get it..Read it...TRY IT (don't just keep on doing what you've always been doin!) And if you don't find yourself enjoying your golf more. PACK IT IN....LIFE IS TOO SHORT! Since reading Rotella, I've come down from 6.8 to 4.3 (8 months) But that aint the best part for me...... What Golfers cannot buy.......is enjoyment for the best/worst game in the world......And I'm lovin it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Build confidence and make your golf dreams come true!, 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Unstoppable Golfer (Paperback)
I really enjoy Rotellas books, and this one is no exception. After I've begun reading his books, I've played better golf and enjoyed playing so much more. Not just because of playing better, but because I've learned to focus and to accept and forget my mistakes. Thanks, Bob!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for your handicap, 6 May 2013
I have been playing golf for 8 years and my handicap acts more like a pendulum than anything else. This book addresses the most essential part of the game, which is the short game and highlights what you need to do to become unstoppable. It also addresses the mental side, which is very key. I have experienced some consistency in my game, since I started reading the book.
There is still some work to be done in the short game practice area, but the book has been a huge step in the right direction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 29 Sept. 2013
Rottella repeats his mantra about "getting out of your own way" that will not be new to his fans but it was good to get reinforcement of it. He also tackles the issue of how do you envision the ball going into the hole but not be disappointed when it doesn't? His tendency to use lots of parallels from basketball is a little annoying and largely irrelevant for British readers but, on the whole, this book is useful to any golfer who wants to improve their short game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost unstoppable!, 17 Jan. 2013
This is another gem from the guru who is responsible for many of us sticking with the game. A book full of positive thoughts to take with you on to the course, the practice ground or your daydreams. It draws on more current golfing experiences and is very readable. Although it does not replace a teacher, it is the cheapest, most effective golf 'caoching' and certainly has had a great influence on my attitude and approach to the game, not to mention my handicap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 22 Aug. 2013
K. Hodgson "hotdog4" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
Such an easy to read and informative book. Not for those who believe good golf is about robotic technique. The book attempts to build confidence in your current swing through anecdotal suggestion. Having read it along with a few other Bob Rotella titles, now commit to every golf shot, accept the position of every ball and understand perfection in golf is unrealistic!

Buy the book and give it a chance!

The Unstoppable Golfer
The Unstoppable Golfer by Bob Rotella (Paperback - 11 April 2013)