5.0 out of 5 stars Another year to wait.......
for the next one!! The highlight of the year for me is April when Mary brings out her new book. This is another great one and is like some of her earlier stories. If you enjoyed "Night-Time Is My Time" then you will certainly enjoy this. Have listened to the Audio Book and am now looking forward to reading it on my Kindle when it is released next month.
Published on 18 April 2012 by L. Brealey

3.0 out of 5 stars Time for a change of formula
Mary Higgins Clark was a long time favourite author of mine and I always look out for her new books. But much as I hate to say it, I don't think her more recent ones are as good as the old ones.
Published 19 months ago by JM

3.0 out of 5 stars Time for a change of formula, 5 Feb 2013
JM (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Lost Years (Paperback)
In this latest release, a young woman, Mariah, is mourning the murder of her well respected academic father Jonathan. He had recently discovered an ancient parchment believed to be a priceless artifact stolen from the Vatican centuries ago. Was his murder connected? Horrified that her mother, an Alzheimer's sufferer, is the chief suspect, Mariah is determined to find the truth, but she is risking her life as she tries to discover the killer's identity.
If you like clean living, genteel crime books then this is ideal: there is nothing inappropriate (other than the odd murder), no bad language etc.
Whilst this is still a good read which kept me turning the pages, it is so very similar to the majority of Mary's books: wealthy, attractive, usually single heroine, searching for the killer of a member of her family or a friend, a number of similar male suspects who are usually well bred, charming and successful businessmen, and a hint of romance. It has proved to be a winning formula in the past but I do feel that the books are all getting a bit samey, and whilst this is still an interesting easy read, it's not in the same league as her early novels. The formula seems to be getting a little tired. I guessed the killer part way through and hoped there would be a twist that proved me wrong, sadly not this time.

2.0 out of 5 stars I had second thoughts about buying this book, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Lost Years (Paperback)
but some of her other reads had not been too bad so I took a chance. The story line was good but the book could have been better and more exciting. Reading this made me feel I was reading something from years ago. Not a very exciting read and very predictable with no excitement and you could easily put it down at any time. The front page says she is 'The wrld's best loved thriller writer'-says who? I don't wish to be rude or unkind but she is hardly in the Michael Connelly range. Sorry, but would not recommend this to any avid crime reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another year to wait......., 18 April 2012
L. Brealey (S.W.England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lost Years (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lost Years, 6 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Lost Years (Kindle Edition)
Always been a big fan of Mary Higgins Clark and this book doesn't disappoint.I found it to be a page turner from start to finish and didn't want to put it down.Look forward to more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that good, 7 May 2014
This review is from: The Lost Years (Kindle Edition)
I guess my expectations were too high. No twist at the end, formulaic in plot. The last 20 per cent was ok, it's a pity the rest of the book was so pedestrian

3.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable holiday read!, 19 Aug 2014
G. Worswick (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lost Years (Kindle Edition)
As with her other books there is an awful lot of telling and explaining and not enough showing, suggesting and hinting. The initial idea is good, the plot well thought out and the characters believable if a little undeveloped in places but the execution lacks the craft of a skilled writer. Overall worth a read on holiday but not one you'd mention in your postcards home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read., 17 July 2012
This review is from: The Lost Years (Hardcover)
Mary Higgins Clark never disappoints. I look forward to May each year when there will be another great mystery to solve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Lost Years (Kindle Edition)
Excellent as usual, a gripping read although I have got used to her writing and did figure out the "baddy" before the end!

3.0 out of 5 stars More a romance than a thriller., 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Lost Years (Kindle Edition)
Hmm, have'nt read Mary Higgins Clark for years but decided to give it a whirl. Sadly I did'nt enjoy it. I found it very predictable, ie., beautiful rich woman has problems, meets handsome rich man who desperately wants to solve her problems. Okay I'm an old misery, but I like my 'murders' down to earth, more complex, indeed, fewer frills and more thrills.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping from 1st to Last page, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Lost Years (Kindle Edition)
Typical Mary Higgins Clark book. Gripped from the 1st page to last although for once I had guessed who the murder was 3/4 of the way through but still had to read it till then end.

The Lost Years
The Lost Years by Mary Higgins Clark (Paperback - 3 Jan 2013)
3.50