4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT THRILLER by Mary Higgins Clark
Once again a great story by Mary Higgins Clark! Kept us guessing up to the end as to who the murderer was.
Published 20 months ago by Kathleen

3.0 out of 5 stars on the wane
I have loved Mary since the first days of Where Are The Children? We've grown older together.
I think she's on the wane now though. All to formulaic, repetitive sentences, over familiar description
and a loss of originality. This one isn't bad, it's just not the Mary we knew. Agatha Christie went off
in her dotage and I fear Mary is too. Time to end the...
Published 19 months ago by R. Wilkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars on the wane, 2 July 2013
R. Wilkinson (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daddy's Gone A-Hunting (Hardcover)
in her dotage and I fear Mary is too. Time to end the annual churn out of novels and snuggle up to
John Conheeny. It's like Bruce and Strictly, time to call it a day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Who's My Daddy?, 10 Feb. 2014
Joan Pretorius "Lougheed" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was confused by all the characters and new ones cropping up half way through the book. The plot was awfully complicated and sub-plot after sub-plot... I felt that the book could be a lot shorter and get to the point. I don't know if it was because of so many very short chapters, but it seemed to limp along. One thing I did like about the very short chapters was that there were so many opportunities to stop and lay the book down. (I don't normally like stopping in the middle of a chapter.)
I often feel that books with so many characters should have a list of character and who's who at the back or front of the book, or maybe a family tree..

3.0 out of 5 stars Not classic clark, 13 Jun. 2013
Ok if you like MHC, but nothing like the writer in her heyday !
A little bit formulaic, not much suspense, but an entertaining read all the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointing, 17 Sept. 2013
I believe I have read all MHC's books and have thoroughly enjoyed them all so far but this one is so disappointing. Lots of characters who are only superficially explored, barely interact with each other and keep you wondering which way the plot is going (and I don't mean in a good way). I will finish the book but it will take me a while as I cant read more than a chapter or 2 at a time. Very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT THRILLER by Mary Higgins Clark, 24 May 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired, 14 Aug. 2013
Mrs. J. M. Thomas "Julia" (Wales) - See all my reviews
A bit disappointed with it - good plot but the prose was a bit laboured and the characters were one dimensional. I think she was a bit bored with it herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars She never lets you down, 24 May 2013
C. Grimmitt "Book lover" (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Mary Higgins Clark never fails to keep me hooked. I can't get enough of her books, have read them all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable easy read, 15 Oct. 2013
JM (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Daddy's Gone A-Hunting (Hardcover)
Mary Higgins Clark produces a new book once a year but in spite of many great books over the years, she now seems to have settled almost on a writing-by-numbers formula, the last few have been very similar, wealthy main female character with a family in jeopardy, numerous male suspects that it's difficult to distinguish from each other. This latest book is again very formulaic, but it is a bit better than the last few, and there weren't the identical men in suits suspects which was a bonus. The plot was ok but I thought the twist became apparent about halfway through, and the characters are all a bit one dimensional. If you're a long time fan then it's worth a read but not on a par with the early ones.
Mary was once one of my favourite authors but I think perhaps now the time has come for her to bow out gracefully, she has written some superb thrillers but is letting her own good name down with the predictable ones she's been churning out lately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left Me Guessing....., 20 May 2013
Shirley (S.W.England) - See all my reviews
I will not give anything away but this book really kept me guessing right to the end. In fact I did wonder how Mary was going to tie up all the ends, but she did it in her usual great style. Only twelve months to wait for the next one, I wish she wrote at least two a year. Thank you Mary for another classic.

A general question....why is "Pretend You Don't See Her" still not back on Kindle????????

2.0 out of 5 stars and she came highly recommended, but I can't bear her prose style, 13 Sept. 2014
I know this author is very popular, and she came highly recommended, but I can't bear her prose style. She is very repetitive, as if she thinks we can't remember details of her characters or plot and when she repeats herself it feels as though she had a thesaurus to hand. Too irritating for words!

Daddy's Gone A-Hunting
Daddy's Gone A-Hunting by Mary Higgins Clark (Paperback - 2 Jan. 2014)