5.0 out of 5 stars JC at her best but with a romantic plot to blow your mind,
Published on 14 Jan 2000 by claire@chastings.freeserve.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Not your usual Jackie Collins
After reading the reviews for this book I ordered it. The story is okay, but not as edgy, gritty or exciting as Jackie Collins' usual books. A little bit dissapointed to be honest!
Published 14 months ago by Lisa

5.0 out of 5 stars JC at her best but with a romantic plot to blow your mind,, 14 Jan 2000
I've been a JC reader for 13 years, and I felt there was more 'depth' to this book than her others. Perhaps the actual people upon whom her central characters (Nick Angel and Lauren Roberts)are based are closer to her heart? There are more twists and devious turns in this novel than most (except 'Chances'), and the plot is thick with intrigue. Vivid characters, and the well-earned ending all combine to make this a thrilling read. JC at her best; if you're looking for thrills and romance with twists of the unexpected in one neat package, this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great love story has many twist and turns, 6 July 2006
Nicola Dean "nikkidean20" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is just a gripping book from start to finish, sexy, scary and traumatic. This is not what you would think would describe a basic teenage love story, however it is much more than this. Your just desperate mid-way through the book for the two main characters to get together after so many near misses, and it is all worth while in the end. It makes you laugh and cry and you will not want to put it down. This was the first Jackie Collins book that i read, and i have never looked back. Don't buy unless you want to get totally absorbed into the lives of the characters and the fab surroundings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackie Collins - a Star!, 10 Aug 2004
By A Customer
This book is fantastic. I've read it probably five times now, the first time I read it I was only 14. It caught my imagination and was one of the first books I really got into (I found myself quite fancying my imagination of Nick!!). It is truely easy to read, and you find yourself not being able to put it down! I passed the book onto my sister (who hates reading by the way), she fell in love with it also and has read it over and over agin when she goes on holiday. I suggest you pick up a copy yourself - then you'll know why we both think it's a fantastic story which makes you feel better each time you finish it!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best jackie collins book EVA!!! and iv read them all hehe, 15 Aug 2009
K. Haines (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Star (Paperback)
i absolutley love this book. its so much better than all her others, the characters are more believable and the twists and turns are brilliant! dont hesitate you wont be disappointed!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS BOOK NOW, 20 April 2001
This book is so heartbreaking, it is one of the best things I ever read. I finished it in two days. (It would have been one but I have to work) This is the best J. Collins novel I have read (and I have read a few)

4.0 out of 5 stars American Star Review, 11 July 2005
By A Customer
This is my fave Jackie Collins book because it is just absolutely fantastic! The way it describes life in Amrica in the '70s is wonderful. I felt really sorry for Lauren when she had to get rid of her baby and lost contact with Nick. I have read the book seven times since my mom bought it for me when I was 14 and I have never got bored of it since!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant once again!, 30 Mar 2014
C Mckell (Ayrshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: American Star (Kindle Edition)
Another fab book. Jackie has a unique way of bringing the characters to life. Couldn't put it down. Well worth the read x thanks again Jackie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: American Star (Kindle Edition)
Love jackie Collins read all her books but this one twice as its my favourite waiting for a new one

5.0 out of 5 stars one size fits and flatters all, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: American Star (Kindle Edition)
loved it it was lovely and soft and and you could just pull it to any shape and it would fit
even the sleeves coldbe full length or 3/4 length

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: American Star (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't't wait to get into bed every night to read this. Classic JC.
You'll love it.
It has everything , sex, love, money and murder!!!!!

American Star
American Star by Jackie Collins (Paperback - 19 July 2012)
6.25