Format: Paperback|Change

I've been a JC reader for 13 years, and I felt there was more 'depth' to this book than her others. Perhaps the actual people upon whom her central characters (Nick Angel and Lauren Roberts)are based are closer to her heart? There are more twists and devious turns in this novel than most (except 'Chances'), and the plot is thick with intrigue. Vivid characters, and the well-earned ending all combine to make this a thrilling read. JC at her best; if you're looking for thrills and romance with twists of the unexpected in one neat package, this is it!
on 6 July 2006
This is just a gripping book from start to finish, sexy, scary and traumatic. This is not what you would think would describe a basic teenage love story, however it is much more than this. Your just desperate mid-way through the book for the two main characters to get together after so many near misses, and it is all worth while in the end. It makes you laugh and cry and you will not want to put it down. This was the first Jackie Collins book that i read, and i have never looked back. Don't buy unless you want to get totally absorbed into the lives of the characters and the fab surroundings!
on 10 August 2004
This book is fantastic. I've read it probably five times now, the first time I read it I was only 14. It caught my imagination and was one of the first books I really got into (I found myself quite fancying my imagination of Nick!!). It is truely easy to read, and you find yourself not being able to put it down! I passed the book onto my sister (who hates reading by the way), she fell in love with it also and has read it over and over agin when she goes on holiday. I suggest you pick up a copy yourself - then you'll know why we both think it's a fantastic story which makes you feel better each time you finish it!
on 20 April 2001
This book is so heartbreaking, it is one of the best things I ever read. I finished it in two days. (It would have been one but I have to work) This is the best J. Collins novel I have read (and I have read a few)
on 7 February 2013
This is without doubt the grittiest of all the Jackie Collins books I have read so far. Although it still has all the elements of her other books, sex, fame, murder etc. the characters and plot are so much deeper and darker than any of her other creations and it works fantastically well. When I bought it I was expecting something much more light hearted, but I am so glad that I was wrong! I found myself getting truly emotionally connected to certain characters, and at one point found myself close to tears, which is rare for me when reading. I think it worked that the focus was mainly on the two main characters, rather than flitting between a variety of them as in her other books, so she was able to delve fully into their back stories giving them depth and developing them to the extent that you feel you know them personally.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone.
on 23 March 2010
I absoultely loved this book. I have always been a fan of Jackie Collins and this book has got to be my favourite. The characters are so realisitc and have so much depth to them.
The 2 main characters ( Lauren Roberts & Nick Angelo) tore apart by a romeo and juliet style plot but still their love remains unti the end.
Full of Jackie Collins themes such as sex, violence, love and disaster!!!
This is a book you will want to read again and again as it doesn't get old.
10/10
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2013
I first read this story when I was in my teens. Loved it, one of the first "cant put it down" experience I had with books. About 15 years later I found the book in a shop, bought it and hoped it will give me the same thrill as when I fist read it. IT DID!! About 5 yeard later Ive read it again and still could easily related to the caracters and the story. Good book, please buy it and read it, you will not regret it, I promise!
on 11 July 2005
This is my fave Jackie Collins book because it is just absolutely fantastic! The way it describes life in Amrica in the '70s is wonderful. I felt really sorry for Lauren when she had to get rid of her baby and lost contact with Nick. I have read the book seven times since my mom bought it for me when I was 14 and I have never got bored of it since!!
on 7 June 2012
I enjoyed this book. 5* definetly well deserved. I like Jackie Collins but this book was very indepth and more romantic than her usual books. Lots of sex yes! As you'd expect with Jackie Collins books, but more of a romance novel. I loved it!!!! Worth a buy and a read.I won't spoil it for you but give it a read.
on 9 February 2012
Im a new reader of Jackie Collins books and this was just as good as the last the story kept me hooked all the way through I was a bit dissapointed with the ending as I felt It was a big build up then a small rushed ending but apart from that it was a really good read will reccomend it to friends and family :)