5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, Sexy, FANTASTIC READ!
I bought this on a spur of the moment thing. fancied a summer read and this Book caught my eye. It took awhile for the story to start, lots of charecters to introduce and storylines set out, but it begins to get really good right in the middle of the book, after that, its very difficult to put down. The charecters, all different and Vibrant in Many ways. I love the...
Published on 12 Aug 2006 by Sarah

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I have read nearly all of Jackie Collins books and I feel that they seemed to have gone steadily downhill since Rock Star. Unfortunately her latest offering has followed the same pattern. The 'bad guy' Red is a caricature of a villain and the main players the sons, seem to be terrified of him in the first half of the book, then suddenly start standing up to him...
Published on 12 Nov 2005 by Mrs. S. E. Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Lovers & Players (Paperback)
A very good read for people that like a Jackie Collins book and can be picked up at any time.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Lovers and Players (Hardcover)
reading, just typical Jackie Collins novel, very enjoyable, easy going and great for sitting in the garden, nightime reading or holidays

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reading, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lovers & Players (Kindle Edition)
A very interesting story. Keeps you in suspense throughout. Highly recommended. Good value too on the Kindle. Worth a look.

4.0 out of 5 stars jolly good read, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lovers and Players (Hardcover)
read lots of Jackie Collins books, Jackie never fails her readers. I just totally loved this book and recommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovers & players, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: Lovers & Players (Kindle Edition)
I had never read Jackie Collins before but now I have I cannot get enough of her books, I have read them all now and hope there is more to come.. I admire the books she writes as once you start reading you cannot put them down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovers and players - Jackie Collins, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: Lovers and Players (Paperback)
Always loved Jackie Collins, This book isnt as good as Lovers and Gamblers but still a good read, something for an easy read on holiday. Buy the whole collevtion, i am!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovers & Players, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Lovers & Players (Kindle Edition)
After reading the previous reviews I'm shocked. I started reading Jackie Collins' Novels in the 80s and thought they were fantastic. Admitedly it's been a good few years since I have read any of her books. I recently recieved the gift of an ebook reader, with a copy of Lovers & Players on it, I loved it..
Personally speaking Jackie Collins is the only author I have read who can capture the glitterati and the bootylicious her books have always been at the forefront of the fashion and music industry, the rich the famous and the glamorous, as well as bascically giving us girls everything we want in sexy hotgossip fiction.
I have just read Fifty Shades, now my one night stand with Mr Grey was good, the sex was fantastic but I have no desire for a second or third date, why? because it lacked sparkle. I need more from my books when I read this type of genre. I need class, sophistication, great sex and a believable adventure. I want to be right at the centre of what's going on without having to leave the comfort of my boudoir.
There's only one author for me who can do all of this and more. Jackie Collins.
If like me you have been away girl's for a long time, get back, you don't know what your missing!!!.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Ok., 11 Aug 2011
E. L. Joseph (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lovers and Players (Paperback)
This is the 5th book i've read by Jackie Collins and i have to admit they are all kinda the same. The first two I read were Madison Castelli ones and i thought that they were great and that JC was gonna be a new favourite of mine but the 3 i've read since including this one just don't do it for me. I wont bother much with the plot - it is exactly as it is described on the back (to the point nothing new happens till the middle of the book)

It has its good points. I really like all the switching around between the characters instead of straight narrative from one; Collins is definitely good at this and it goes a long way to keeping things going. Also i really enjoyed the mystery part and i wont lie I read to the end because i really wanted to know exactly what happened.

The bad bits consisted of yet another absolutely foul character in Billionaire Red Diamond (i figure there will be one of these in most of her books and she does them well but i just don't enjoy reading about characters that sick and twisted on a regular basis).
Some parts of the story I just found plain boring - Liberty's life (Cindi just a total pain). I found Max and Chris to be incredibly dull and found myself only really warming to Jett. Oh and i just have to point out that Lulu (spoiled five year old) seemed rather shockingly stupid. I have a 4 year old cousin who i can almost have a sensible conversation with when he's not pretending to be Ben 10 and Lulu seemed incapable of speaking in sentences and just shouted and repeated words. It was borderline ridiculous and every time she appeared i groaned.

The story all came together really well and i did enjoy it but i've definitely read better. I have one more Jackie Collins sitting on my bookcase and after reading it i highly doubt i will be buying any more. I don't plan on keeping this one either because while i enjoyed it more than the last 2 i've read, i don't see myself ever picking it up again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read, 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: Lovers and Players (Paperback)
I am an avid Jackie Collins Reader, at first though it was the Santangelo series that had me hooked. Since finishing all of them I have built up a collection of most of her books. As usual I was not disappointed, I never want to put the book down till its finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 6 July 2010
C. Sugden (Braintree, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lovers and Players (Paperback)
This book had me on the edge of my seat until the very end, they could make this into a film and it would receive an Oscar for sure, great story.Defo recommended. =]

Lovers & Players
Lovers & Players by Jackie Collins (Paperback - 17 Mar 2011)
6.39