5.0 out of 5 stars One of Kresley Cole's best books
Firstly I disagree 100% with the previous reviewer. This story was awesome. I was so engrossed in the book that I didn't notice the time until I'd finished and it was 5.55am. I am a huge fan of the Immortals After Dark series and eagerly await each story as they are so good.

Published on 1 Mar 2010 by H

3.0 out of 5 stars Great premise.. dispointing story
I have a start off that I am a huge fan of KC and I usually give her 5 stars on any thing she do. I just received my copy last Friday and I wolfed down this book. I still didn't finish the last bit in it but I am already disppointed. the story is writting in her usual qulity but I didn't feel the charceters. Lucia and Garth story is like a bridge to other part of the...
Published on 1 Mar 2010 by Amazon Customer and romance wa...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Chase is On, and its More Fun than the Talisman's Hie with Double the Shenanigans, 8 Mar 2010
In A Hunger Like No Other, Kresley Cole introduced us to the incomparable couple of Lachlain MacRieve and Emmaline Troy. In Pleasure of a Dark Prince, Cole continues the story with Garreth, another equally likeable and lick-a-licious Lykae who also happens to be Lachlain's brother.

Pleasure of a Dark Prince seems more sumptuous in plot and visuals than previous novels, and Cole capitalizes on the innate banter that richly flows between the Valkyrie sisterhood, as well as the Lykae. You'll catch yourself laughing...frequently. The texting between Regin and Lucia, as well as the infallible Nix-isms is infectious and always delivers. It was definitely an enjoyable read, with the overall impression that more work went into plotting of this book. The key is mining back to that original story, and fans obsession with the Lykae, which I will admit, I am just as guilty of, as any other.

This time, Cole's arrow shoots true by continuing a story that remains on most readers and reviewers lists as their top favorite paranormal romance. The attraction between Garreth and Lucia is scorching hot and Cole has outdone herself with the whoopee scenes. Really, really sizzling! The stakes are higher, with Cole also hinting at the impending Accession in the Lore, and hot on everyone's heels. Action speeds up towards critical mass in Pleasure, but the characters have their own issues to deal with despite the impending cataclysm of warring supernatural factions.

Cole takes the reader back to the familiar territory of Val Hall in New Orleans, and the Lykae manse compound Kinevane in Scotland as Garreth tracks his Valkyrie/Skathian mate, Lucia the Archer. A new setting this time, Cole brings the characters to the wilds of the Amazon channeling some serious Dirk Pitt, William Race, and Lara Croft as Garreth and Lucia try to acquire the dieumort, an arrow that possesses the power to off a god. Lucia is desperate for this weapon of power due to the fact that the god they are trying to off is...her own husband, Cruach, aka Crom Cruach, The Broken, Bloody One.

For readers just discovering Cole, I highly recommend reading a Hunger Like No Other and Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night just to familiarize themselves with the Immortals After Dark series as well as the schism between Valkyrie, Lykae, Vampire Horde as well as Lachlain and Emma's story. Pleasure was a memorable, scrumptious read, that most likely I will read to tatters just like Hunger, especially since we have been left a Lore cliff-hanger of epic proportions. Greedily looking forward to what is revealed when Cole's next installment, Demon from The Dark is released!

A Fiendishly Bookish Review

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Kresley Cole's best books, 1 Mar 2010

The story is about a Lycae called Garreth MacRieve (as the previous reviewer mistook for Garth) and a Valkyrie Huntress called Lucia who is bound to be chaste and an archer for the Goddess Skathi.
There is an instant attraction between the two and it continues throughout the book despite Lucia trying not to succumb to the temptation, as she has a mission to focus on.

I can't really say much else without going on about how great it was. There were parts which made me giggle and several parts where I couldn't read the pages fast enough to find out what would happen as they gripped me completely, even one part which made me shout "NO!".

I can't wait for the next Immortals After Dark series book. I am sure it will be matching the great standard of all the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Immortals After Dark" series book 7, 6 Mar 2010
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
In an explosively hot passionate and fast paced adventure, Lucia the Archer, a Valkyrie who must never miss her target or face unimaginable pain and werewolf Garreth MacRieve; the younger brother of Lachlain from book 1 of this series set out on a quest together for very different reasons. Whilst Lucia intends to face a forthcoming battle she re-enacts every five centuries to thwart the release of a God dedicated to sacrifice, MacRieve seeks to protect the fiery Valkyrie who is his mate (not that he admits this to her) and claim her as quickly as possible. Of course despite the mutual attraction, the path to true love never runs smoothly in KC's world. This new Immortal couple; like those before them, face a barrage of misunderstandings, an array of paranormal beings trying to kill them and several vows and curses that cannot or should not be broken before they admit their love to each other.

MacRieve is one hell of a hero. His continuous pursuit of Lucia, from Louisiana to the deepest Amazon is admirable considering the knock backs he receives from her, along with the arrows that not only pierce his body, but set alight inflammable objects around him or cut through ropes that happen to be dangling heavy objects over his head. There is however a little too much internal battling on the part of Lucia as she weighs her options; become intimate with the man she loves and therefore lose her uncanny skill with a bow, or stay chaste and thwart a forthcoming Armageddon by killing a God. Let's face it, despite her protests that she cannot be intimate with MacRieve, Lucia is a goner the moment she catches sight of him and doesn't stand a chance in the face of his determined seduction.

With input from familiar faces such as the wonderfully crazy Nx, the mouthy Regin the Radiant, a not so timid Emma, plus Lachlain and Mariketa, there is never a dull moment in this book. The enemies prove wily and treacherous, there are moments of humour to be found, plus some heart breaking scenes in the later chapters. I find KC's world building to be exceedingly well done, and every character seems important no matter what role they may play in the events that unfold around them. The new ideas this author includes in this story line are also clever and intriguing, particularly those surrounding Nx; leaving me almost hating KC for not making her the leading lady in the next IAD book (but not quite ;)). I am now left eagerly awaiting the release of book 8 in this fabulous paranormal romance series and thankfully it's not too long a wait. In "Demon from the Dark" witch "Carrow the Incarcerated" is matched to Malkom; a demon vampire. Considering the epilogue of "Pleasure of a Dark Prince" Carrow has some interesting adventures ahead and I am left strumming my fingers until this book's publication date in August.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't help but fall in love with the Lykae!, 2 Mar 2010
Lorraine Sears "Redlorry" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The most recent book in the series so far (Feb 2010) and definintleyne of my favorites. We learned about Lucia and Garreth in the first book of the series, 'Hunger Like No Other' and now we catch up on what's been happening with them.

Like all Lykae when Garreth first scents his mates while in the middle of a rugby match with the demons he can't help but be drawn to her. But the last thing Lucia needs is a lover, particularly a rough and tumnble Lykae. But Garreth refuses to give up on her and follows her round the world as with her sister Regin she tries to flee him, but is never quite able to deliver a killing blow.

Lucia has her own trials to face, including finding and using a rare weapon to destroy an evil god who has a hold on her. As she struggles on with hre quest it becomes clear that Garreth is as much of an asset to her as he is a pest. Constantly trying to get her to break her vow of chastity Garreth tries everything to win the Valkyrie warrior known as 'The Archer'. Surprising her with thoughtful and much coveted gifts and constantly asking his brother and cousin for advice, making him all the more endearing.

The story includes lots of our favourite characters from this series, some good, some bad and leaves us on a killer cliffhanger.

Garreth like Lachlain and Bowen before him is every bit the rugged, rogue of a hero that fans of this series will love. With his Scots accents and wolfy behaviour he's a heart breaker for sure. And Lucia is fine and fiesty and an excellent match for him. A truly wonderful addition to the series and in my top three.

How will I ever wait for the next one...

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss D Wilson, 1 Mar 2010
Amazon Customer (Canterbury, England) - See all my reviews
Well, the last reviewer told you everything you need to know about the story and I have to agree with them and dissagree with the first review! I loved it! I'm a massive, and I stress MASSIVE, fan of KC's and of the IAD series and waited for this installment with bated breath, I read it in one 8 hour sitting, and have read it again since. It might have combined a little of the earlier books with some heavy hints for the future but I don't think this deminished from the story - or the characters and their relationship - one bit. In fact all it's made me do is salvate for the next 3 in the series later in the year.

And the epilogue was fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great series!!, 3 Mar 2010
I actually liked how Kresley Cole took us back to an earlier book's storyline to begin this one. It was another perspective from two characters about the same events in Hunger Like No Other. KC is one of my all-time favorite writers. I love the characters, the humor and the way she builds a love story/villainous plot.

The three Lykae books, with Lachlain, Bowen and now Garreth are great reads. Sigh. Don't I wish I could just drive up north to Kinevane and introduce myself. Believe me, all you would see is my dust if I could. But, don't get me wrong: I also love those vampire Wroth boys, and we can't forget the Rage Demons, the Woede brothers.

Pleasure of a Dark Prince is very worthy of a read (or two) though how evil was KC with that teaser ending for the next book???? Aarrgghh. August is just too far away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 3 April 2014
this book keeps you on edge wondering if they make it again a great read now for the next one enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 11 Feb 2014
I adore Kresley Cole!! I have read everything she has written and have now started listening to them on Audible! Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 7 Jan 2014
Love it made me laugh and cry it's one of my favourites so far I would recommend it to my friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Poadp, 19 Sep 2013
Another great one, a little slow to start which then turned into and amazing fantasy adventure. Great great great book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark 9)
Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark 9) by Kresley Cole (Paperback - 3 Mar 2011)
6.39