5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Series!
Couldn't put any of the books down, witty and entertaining, awesome read...Just wish there were more books in this series!
Published 10 months ago by Elari

3.0 out of 5 stars Living With The Dead Book 2
"Flip This Zombie" is the second book in the 'Living with the Undead' series and although it's an enjoyable read it didn't have the same impact, humour and laugh out loud moments that were so much a part of the first book 'Married with Zombies'.

Published on 12 Oct 2011 by Book Chick City

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Series!, 4 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars can we have another??, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)
the series has been a rollercoaster of laughs fun tips and excitement. I am tired of people reading it over my shoulder on busses trains and at home. keep up the good work

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)
I read the first book and passed it on to my sister and brother-in-law, and he requested the sequels for Christmas, so I guess he really enjoyed them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Kindle Edition)
I found this good fun just switch you brain off and enjoy, perfect for reading on your Kindle would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who are you going to call??, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)
Got to admit , I love this series. I love anything with zombies in and when I first picked up this series I was intrigued. A married couple going through counselling then watching their therapist eating the previous clients. This series is very enjoyable , plenty of action and comedy , quite tongue in cheek in places.... Well as they say ' a couple that slays together, stays together ' . This second book picks up about 3 months into the apocalypse and David and Sarah are now zombie busters for hire .... In the words of a famous film from the 80's - " who are you going to call !" . Can definitely recommend this series .

4.0 out of 5 stars Bad ass, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)
Although not as brilliant as the first, you should still read this book. It continues the journey of David and Sarah and their problematic marriage in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. They are beginning to fall back in love with each other, but between saving each others ass's and trying to save the world, it's a long hard road

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truely Amazing Book, An Aboslute Must Read!, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)
I brought this book wanting to get into more reading and i absolutely loved it!
It's got everything you'd want in it, Its scary, Sad, Romantic. Just absolutely amazing!
I think jesse petersen has put alot of thought into this book and its come out fantastic
It is well managed and maintained in all aspects a reader would expect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Living With The Dead Book 2, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)

Somewhere along the way, this novel became a little too much like so many other zombie novels. It lost a little bit of it's originality and although Sarah and David still snark at each other and banter back and forth it isn't in the same tongue in cheek way I loved to much in the first book.

"Flip This Zombie" is a little darker, which I normally like, but because this series started out with such a light and humourous tone I assumed, and hoped, this would be continued in the next instalment.

Sarah and Dave are now head of a new business, ZombieBusters Inc, which sees them splattering more zombie brains than usual. But now they are experienced zombie hunters and have gained knowledge of all their weaponry. They are no longer the naive married couple we met in the first book - which I missed a little too be honest - they are a zombie fighting duo.

There's also the addition of a scientist who proclaims to have a possible cure and hires Sarah and Dave to collect live zombies for him to test on. But things do not go to plan. There are quite a few twists and turns that kept me turning the pages, but mostly it was all quite predictable.

VERDICT:

"Flip This Zombie" isn't as enjoyable or as fresh as the first book, 'Married with Zombies', but it is still entertaining. I will definitely be reading the third instalment, 'Eat, Slay, Love'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Zombie's, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)
Sarah and David are a young married couple who survived the zombie outbreak, it's three months later and they are now running a zombie extermination business called ZombieBusters Extermination Inc, they even have a van with their name on it. They are happily going about their days killing zombies for clients in exchange for food and supplies when they start hearing rumours of a different kind of zombie one that seems to be stronger, faster and more aware. The next job offer they get could change the world they live in. Dr Barnes or "the mad scientist" as David calls him, wants them to catch zombies for him to test his miracle cure on. David is not too keen on this or Dr Barnes and I must admit I kind of agreed with David, there was just something about him I didn't like, but Sarah wants to help save the world and eventually David agrees. On the way they meet a little boy who seems to have survived on his own the last three months who they call "The Kid" he is very smart if a little bratty but they let him tag along. All is not as it seems though and David soon realises this but Sarah needs some convincing.

I thought this was an easy enjoyable read, a bit gross at times and wouldn't say I laughed out loud as it says on the cover, but it did make me smile. There were some sad moments too when Sarah is thinking about all the things she misses from BZ (Before Zombie) like hot showers and croissants, and all the things she took for granted. Living on beans and pop tarts in the survivor camps just isn't the same. I liked how Sarah would talk to the reader throughout the book and that the chapters all ended with a mini cliff-hanger making you want to keep reading, which I did. There are a few twists also if a little predictable although one I didn't see coming but that could just be me.

This is the first zombie book I've ever read but really enjoyed it although I kept thinking what if this really happened...scary.

Flip This Zombie is the second book in Jesse Peterson's Living with the Dead Series. I haven't read the first book, Married with Zombies, but I found that it didn't matter and found it quite easy to follow and didn't feel like I was lost. I can't wait to read the third instalment Eat, Slay, Love.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another fun read from Jesse Petersen, 1 Sep 2011
This review is from: Flip This Zombie (Paperback)
Flip This Zombie is set 3 months or so after Married With Zombies. That's 3 months or so of zombie apocalypse and Sarah and Dave's Zombiebuster's Extermination, Inc business is booming. Sometimes literally. But lately they've been hearing strange reports from their clients and also the folk in the survivor camp nearby. Reports of bigger and slightly more intelligent zombies. Alongside these reports, they've been given an offer by a scientist to catch him some zombies and suddenly they have a lot on their plate.

Now, personally, I didn't enjoy this book quite as much as the first, but that's not to say it wasn't as fun, I just noticed a lot of the same old zombie tropes and clichés and I found Robbie "The Kid" a strange little character, though coincidentally, oddly charming.

I did like the idea that the library becomes the happening place for entertainment once the apocalpyse has come along and there is no more electricity and nowhere particularly safe, and so books become the best form of entertainment and as such those books are not allowed to leave the library. I also liked the idea that Sarah covets shiny new weapons like new toys after just a few months of becoming acquainted with them as a necessity, seeing as BZ ((Before Zombie - which by the way, doesn't have the same ring to it when you're British: Bee Zed)) she had probably never even been near a gun let alone fired one. It's little things like that, and the vague remnants of humanity that they come across in their day to day lives, that really make this book for me. That and the humour, of course. Without that light-hearted and sometimes a little dark (there are zombies, the humour has to get a little dark from time to time) humour, the Living with the Dead series wouldn't have been quite the same.

Sarah and David's characters have developed a lot in the few months that have passed since the apocalypse started and this is good. Where the bickering in the first book sometimes annoyed me, it's nice to see it mostly gone here, though now we see Dave getting annoyed every time Sarah disagrees with him, and she doesn't seem to have any objections about this. This bothers me a bit, especially when it gets to the, "Oh Dave, I should never have doubted you," part. Grow a pair!

I did, however, appreciate that Jesse doesn't spend 25% of the novel summing up the last one, which is a big pet peeve of mine as a reader. It's not so bad when there is a gap between reading the books and the next being released, but reading them in a series it's a pain, and it's very unnecessary as long as the main things are mentioned, you don't need it. So kudos for that, it made it much easier to read. But the big thing I love about Jesse's style, however, is the constant turning of the story. She'll throw in these great obstacles that the characters need to overcome or go around before the story can get boring and this keeps it going, keeps it fun and interesting, with new faces, places, and plots. Oh and the little pieces of zombie marital advice at the beginning of each chapter in Married With Zombies, in Flip This Zombie they read like business start-up advice for the zombie apocalypse.

All in all, though I wasn't quite as fussed about this one as I was about Married With Zombies, it was still a fun read that made me smile and I would recommend reading Flip This Zombie if you plan to read Eat Slay Love. The latter definitely continues on from this one.

Flip This Zombie
Flip This Zombie by Jesse Petersen (Paperback - 21 July 2011)