Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 April 2014
Couldn't put this one down. Really like this author. Always interesting and have a bit of a twist. Good read
on 12 August 2014
I enjoyed this story very much , it took some unexpected turns and kept me engrossed to discover the outcome
on 18 July 2013
first book I have read by this author. will book for further books when I have finished my present pile.
on 30 March 2015
This book took a while to get into but it hasn't let me down! More great reading from a great writer!
on 5 January 2015
I like the way Rachel Hire writes, I've read all her books and now wait for the next one a must read.
on 17 January 2012
I have long been a bookworm and seek out authors with real talent. My tastes are varied but Rachel Hore has proved to ba an author I return to. Her novels are well written and intriguing. The mystery throughout is a real page turner, always making the mind tick over, wondereing what the outcome will be and where the clues will lead.

I purchased all Rachel's books and nothing about this latest offering will deter me buying future books as she maintains her early promise in y=turning out a book that keeps you engrossed and enetrtained. I started reading Victoria Holt at 12 and loved her work, you cannot find books like that these days but Rachel Hore is a viable alternative, something that appeals to that aspect of my interest in genre.

The story kept me riveted and I would recommend it to anyone who loves to fathom out a mystery. An really good novel for winter's nights.
on 18 May 2013
Rachel writes a very good story. The book is hard to put down as one gets so encrossed in the plot
on 12 August 2014
Loved the characters, the setting and the beautiful way it was written - couldn't put it down!
on 1 March 2015
A very good read as always, read this book when it first came out , had to read it again.
on 26 February 2012
Disappointing read. Unfortunately from my point of view this storm took too long to gather! Thought this book looked promising. In reality I found the storyline predictable from the beginning, and the exciting part (which was only a short section at the end) was the most interesting, although not something I really wanted to read for relaxation prior to a good night's snooze so be warned! Having read many novels where the past and present intertwine, (a style I love) I felt this was an area which didn't work in this book. On a positive note I feel we should applaud all those brave people who were so courageous in the second world war and it is good to be reminded of the price that was paid for our freedom.