5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Overseas Shipping
Published on 16 July 2011 by Bookaholic

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure where it was going......
I am not normally a reader of novels, so keep that in mind. I found this an interesting 'day in the life' type of read, compulsive reading in that I was intrigued to know what the mystery was and where the Knights Templar connection lay. I failed to find either. There was a murder around page 400, but soon resolved. Am I just missing the point? As a book to pass the...
Published 13 months ago by Mr. R. G. Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Overseas Shipping, 16 July 2011
Bookaholic "prussblue" (St. Louis area, MO USA) - See all my reviews
It has been at least five years since I was first introduced to this series by Michael Jecks. I soon found myself searching to find the early titles and have all to date. Why? The historical research is quite good, excellent if you will. Jecks' ability to then weave a great story into the history is better than most. It is truly remarkable that a writer could sustain a series set in in early 14th century England / France over so many titles. It is the lives of people in different "stations" and how they interact and live out those lives within a complex historical matrix. I should note that Jecks was originally published under Headline and is more recently published by Simon & Schuster, UK. More significantly I note that early titles keep reappearing in book stores so there is a call for this author and the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 25 Jan 2014
John Algar (Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this book for my wife, who really enjoys Michael Jecks' Knights Templar books - and this was no different, as she had her nose stuck into the pages and the plot for days on end!

Michael Jecks is a great author, who authentically and captivatingly captures the period about which he writes. What more can one say or ask of an author?!

4.0 out of 5 stars KIng's Gold, 20 Jun 2011
D. C. Land (Sarasota, Fl USA) - See all my reviews
As with all Michael Jecks's works this was a good read. He may have to either fit some new stories into Baldwin't early years or create a new protagonist. At 54 BLadwin is getting a little long in the tooth for the Merry Olde England of that day. Myae Baql;dwin needs a nephew or some such to take under ins wing and groom....

Anyway great read as always - love his work and the research behind the works

D Land

4.0 out of 5 stars Kings Gold, 5 April 2014
I always enjoyed Michael Jecks history books. I have read most of them. It has taken me longer to read this as I have the unfortunate task of looking after an invalid at this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 22 April 2012
Another thoroughly enjoyable read from Michael Jecks. I can't wait for the next instalment in the tale of Sir Baldwin and Simon Puttock.

5.0 out of 5 stars gings gold, 9 Jan 2012
As always, arrived on time ,Michael Jecks always goes down well, a great read and a fab series, thank you, AJR

5.0 out of 5 stars really good read, 16 Sep 2011
I really enjoyed this book by Michael Jecks, one of his best I would say and I've read most of them. I enjoy the historical detail particularly around Gloucester and the part played by the Berkeley family in detaining King Edward II.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent buy, 21 Aug 2011
MICHAEL JECKS NEVER DISAPPOINTS..IN FACT HE KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER...I THINK THIS IS ONE OF HIS FINEST YET ...A GREATR EAD...I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN ALL DAY...

5.0 out of 5 stars King's Gold by Michael Jecks, 28 Oct 2013
I loved this book. It brought to life a period in history which is very rarely covered in fiction. It is part of a wonderful series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as expected, 1 Sep 2013
Exactly as expected - another book in the excellent Templar Knights Series from Michael Jecks. - if you haven't started reading this series you are missing out!

King's Gold (Knights Templar Mysteries 30)
King's Gold (Knights Templar Mysteries 30) by Michael Jecks (Paperback - 5 Jan 2012)