Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 March 2013
I like this book but not finished it yet. The first of the series was excellent and left me very keen to get hold of this one. I really like Kevin Anderson's writing althought this volume reminds me a wee bit too much of Seven Suns occasionally. Not necessarily a bad thing but it might want to be a bit more original in its conclusion and the assumed third volume. Despite my slight qualifications this is definitely a good read - I can't think of anything he's written I haven't enjoyed.
on 27 June 2013
Kevin Anderson & BH continue to deliver well-paced, "science-ish-fiction" which doesn't let logic get in the way of a good story. The exposition is at times painfully repetitive but this makes it accessible pulp rather than painstakingly complex, and their character led story telling is not bad - I want to know the outcome, at least! I did prefer KA's Saga of Seven Suns (which has a lot of similarities, in terms of narrative building, plot twists and overall story-arc structure), but given the rate at which he's producing copy it's unsurprising I suppose. Recommended if you're a KA fan!
on 3 December 2013
Written by Kevin J. Anderson, enough said. He is one of the best sci. fl. writers around. Hellhole is up there with his best work. Only five stars because it is annoying waiting for the sequel.
on 26 August 2015
Gripping book by all means. It might not be scifi classic, but it is interesting enough for me to get cracking on the last in the trilogy. Only downside I found in this book is that a LOT of stuff is repeating. Almost every chapter starts with repeating whatever happened in last book and a half that is connected to what will happen in that chapter. I think that is the reason this book has over 600 pages while it could easily be 300 or so. Sometime it can get a little boring reading the same stuff over and over again, but once you fight through these flashbacks, the story rolls on again and you are in it and enjoying it again.
on 8 May 2013
I was rather sceptical about this series of books until I started to read this first of the three. I should not have been; because the story is such a change from the normal book in this genre and very interesting. I found I was so engrossed one evening that I read nearly all through the night.
on 28 April 2015
I enjoyed the first book in this series and am finding this installment a little tough going. The constant recaps early on are irritating. You may as well skip book one and go straight to book two
on 25 November 2015
Very good but a little too much back referencing to the previous book for my liking. Looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
on 19 March 2014
Bought as a gift and as the 2nd book in a Trilogy - recipient is really enjoying it and can't wait for the third and final book to come out.
on 28 April 2014
Although the story continues at a good rate there was a lot of going over previous story lines even from the this book.
on 16 June 2015
This is not normally my type of book but I found I couldn't stop reading. Looking forward to reading the next novel.