4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good...
Published 15 months ago by Mrs. Mj Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, trashy space opera
Published 12 months ago by A. David

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good..., 29 Mar 2013
Mrs. Mj Mitchell "arsonparsley" (morecambe, lancs) - See all my reviews
I like this book but not finished it yet. The first of the series was excellent and left me very keen to get hold of this one. I really like Kevin Anderson's writing althought this volume reminds me a wee bit too much of Seven Suns occasionally. Not necessarily a bad thing but it might want to be a bit more original in its conclusion and the assumed third volume. Despite my slight qualifications this is definitely a good read - I can't think of anything he's written I haven't enjoyed.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 3 Dec 2013
Written by Kevin J. Anderson, enough said. He is one of the best sci. fl. writers around. Hellhole is up there with his best work. Only five stars because it is annoying waiting for the sequel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, trashy space opera, 27 Jun 2013
A. David (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Kevin Anderson & BH continue to deliver well-paced, "science-ish-fiction" which doesn't let logic get in the way of a good story. The exposition is at times painfully repetitive but this makes it accessible pulp rather than painstakingly complex, and their character led story telling is not bad - I want to know the outcome, at least! I did prefer KA's Saga of Seven Suns (which has a lot of similarities, in terms of narrative building, plot twists and overall story-arc structure), but given the rate at which he's producing copy it's unsurprising I suppose. Recommended if you're a KA fan!

4.0 out of 5 stars world's ahead, 20 Jun 2014
I enjoy the story line and his style of writing. It's just a shame I have to wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 2 a little weaker, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Hellhole Awakening (Hellhole Trilogy 2) (Paperback)
Although the story continues at a good rate there was a lot of going over previous story lines even from the this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 19 Mar 2014
Mrs. L. Sloan "Lee" (London) - See all my reviews
Bought as a gift and as the 2nd book in a Trilogy - recipient is really enjoying it and can't wait for the third and final book to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hellhole awakened me!, 8 May 2013
N. F. Tate "Norshi" (West Sussex. UK.) - See all my reviews
I was rather sceptical about this series of books until I started to read this first of the three. I should not have been; because the story is such a change from the normal book in this genre and very interesting. I found I was so engrossed one evening that I read nearly all through the night.

2.0 out of 5 stars groan, 12 Dec 2013
i found this book to be a let down a lot of the early pages are setting up a huge space battle for it to splutter out.its just to long lacking content and to tie in book 3 turns out theirs another alien species which will no doubt fill book 3

2.0 out of 5 stars Hellhole, 4 Jun 2013
I thought the plot a good idea, (though I am sure I have come across this plot before) but I was disappointed with the book as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert wrote together is worth reading, 20 Mar 2013
Mr. Roland Michel Tremblay (London, UK) - See all my reviews
That's it. What else can I say? Everything they wrote together is better than anything else I have read in sci-fi. More than worthy successors to Frank. Don't listen to the gossip, suspend disbelief and enjoy. But start with Dune: The Butlerian Jihad trilogy. "Thou shall not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind." Greatest trilogy ever written. The first two Hellhole are very good, it has certainly got me hooked, not sure how I will survive until the next one. Getting together to write sci-fi is the best thing these two authors could have ever done.

Hellhole Awakening (Hellhole Trilogy 2)
Hellhole Awakening (Hellhole Trilogy 2) by Brian Herbert (Paperback - 13 Feb 2014)
6.79