5.0 out of 5 stars Glamorous cake!
Baking comes away from the 'twee' and into the spotlight.

The cakes really do taste fabulous - I made the chocolate mud cake for a friend's party and not only did most of it disappear on the night, what little that was left still tasted great four days later, I was told. The projects range from the simple but stunning to the more challenging.

Cake...
Published 6 months ago by white rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Cake decorators don't bother
Published 3 months ago by mum-a-lums

5.0 out of 5 stars Glamorous cake!, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Burlesque Baking - 25 tantalizing, show-stopping cakes and bakes to tease the tastebuds and widen the eyes! (Hardcover)
Baking comes away from the 'twee' and into the spotlight.

Cake should be the centrepiece of any celebration and Charlotte White's creations will certainly take centre stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Three Belles, 27 Feb 2014
We are a 1940s vocal trio, so we absolutely love the Burlesque world and Charlotte's book! It's great to learn how to decorate cakes just like Charlotte, every page is a delight to the eyes, with all the colours, pearls and flowers its a gal's dream! We are just waiting for the right occasion to crack out the champagne and bake and decorate our very own burlesque inspired cake.... We are thinking The Dita Von Tease cake..... YUM!

5.0 out of 5 stars Burlesque Baking will become your favourite baking bible, 21 Feb 2014
I bought this book because I've been to some of the author's baking 'events' - I call them that because they are so much more than just classes. It's a beautiful book that will become a firm favourite. The recipe instructions are easy to follow with glorious glossy photos to inspire you. It is a must have for anyone interested in making show stoppers and a would make a wonderful gift for your favourite baking enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, beautiful photography, makes a perfect gift!, 16 April 2014
I saw Charlotte White demonstrating cake decorating at the Ideal Home Xmas Show and was hooked on her simple-to-follow tips that make even the most daunting of tasks look relatively easy! I got this book as a gift and whilst I'm not in the least talented in the cake/baking field I found the recipes that I've tried so far easy to follow with excellent results. As well as the intricate designs in the book that I can admire but not dare to undertake (yet!!!), there's several less-challenging projects for the novice like myself and with a little effort I've managed to turn out some pretty respectable looking cakes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cake decorators don't bother, 10 May 2014
As a cake decorator, this book and it's promise of 'Burlesque' cakes caught my eye, but it doesn't quite live up to its promise. I thought that overall the book was dissappointing, the cake designs were average and the few recipes are nothing that can't be found online. I am looking at this book as someone with a big interest in sugarcraft and I would have liked to see a few challenging designs, it's a shame, as I think it is a fabulous concept

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 Feb 2014
Thank you Burlesque Baking - my cakes will now be pretty as well as tasting good!

This is a seriously beautiful book with gorgeous pictures, fabulous insights into the world of burlesque, beautiful cakes and really easy to follow recipe and decorating instructions - even I can't get it wrong! I can't recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book buy it for someone special, 20 Feb 2014
Christopher White "1724" (london) - See all my reviews
Purchased this book for my wife. Brilliant photos & baking ideas.

The international magazine for EVERYTHING Burlesque writes:
You may already have heard of Charlotte White, the gorgeous lady behind Restoration Cake who just launched Burlesque Baking.

If you haven’t, well let me introduce her to you. She is a lady with style and she bakes some yummy stuff . “Bespoke Wedding Cakes, Celebration Cakes and Cupcakes that taste as good as they look”, as she says.

Charlotte-white-burlesque-bakery-book

Charlotte explains: “Burlesque is all about glamour and spectacle and I try to make my cakes with these same principles in mind. I believe that cakes should be beautiful as well as tasting incredible as we eat first with our eyes.”

We met her for the first time at the World Burlesque Games in London last year as she revealed us a few secret ingredients of Burlesque Baking.

An afternoon cupcake interview is organised with her tomorrow, the 19th of February for as she loves Burlesque Bible magazine and wanted to do something special for our editor Helene Phillips. What a lucky one !

That this one below inspired by Immodesty Blaize not look fabulous ? Not only it looks AMAZING… but it also taste somptous. It’s a delight for both your eyes and your lips.

4.0 out of 5 stars Visual joy, 11 April 2014
Bought for inspiring ideas for different icing ideas without spending an absolute fortune and this book is great - not a large book but very nicely presented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for anyone who enjoys baking!, 24 Jun 2014
Really lovely book, very pretty photos and the cakes look amazing and delicious! I can't wait to bake my first one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and delicious, 15 April 2014
Lovely book, full of great ideas and tips for glamming up your baking.

The book itself is a beautiful piece of work - the photography is stunning and really shows off the cakes. All good enough to eat!

Would make a lovely gift or just a nice kitchen reference if you want to make something that really looks and tastes special.