5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad I bought this!
I bought this book for my best friend for her birthday after she dropped a couple of hints. She spoke very highly about some of the recipes, so when I visited London in the new year, I went into the Nordic Bakery and tried one of their cakes. It was so delicious I knew I had to order one of these books for myself and try baking it at home!

The book was...
Published 10 months ago by A. Hildred

3.0 out of 5 stars More Finnish than Nordic
Published 2 months ago by redhotchilli

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so glad I bought this!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Nordic Bakery - Bake your own traditional Scandinavian bread, savoury pastries, cakes, sweet buns, desserts and biscuits in your own home (Hardcover)

The book was delivered very quickly, and I immediately bought ingredients to make the spiced date cake.

The recipe worked perfectly, as have other recipes I have tried from the book since. I love this book and I'm so glad I bought myself a copy after getting the first one for my friend. I'm looking forward to trying out the rest of the recipes, and I highly recommend this book to anyone else who has an interest in baking and Scandinavian food.

I wish I could rate this book MORE than 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every recipe works perfectly!, 23 Mar 2014
I'm working my way through the recipes, and am thrilled with the way each one turns out! Delicious and slightly different, I haven't had a failure yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 9 Oct 2014
Lisa Feldman (London) - See all my reviews
I always could smell the delicious scent of cinnamon on walking past the Baker Street cafe which enticed me inside and after trying the cinnamon rolls, decided to try and make them at home. Am eagerly awaiting arrival of the book :)

3.0 out of 5 stars More Finnish than Nordic, 12 Oct 2014
redhotchilli (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have tried several of the recipes and to be fair they turned out well. My one disgruntlement with the book is that it's basically Finnish baking with a few Swedish and Russian recipes thrown in. I therefore think the title is somewhat mis-leading as I had expected recipes from all the main Scandinavian countries in more or less equal numbers. OK the writer is from Finland but perhaps it should have been named "Finnish baking" rather than implying that it covers all Nordic countries. I'll be honest and say if I had seen/browsed the book in a bookshop I probably wouldn't have bought it. I may try "Scandilicious Baking" and "Scandinavian Baking" by Signe Johansen and Trine Hahnemann for a better book on Scandinavian/Nordic baking as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book on its subject, 17 Dec 2014
Very good book on its subject..., as my Finnish wife likes it, Has a wide remit and well written/presented..! She has been in the Nordic Bakery shop in London, but did not know about this excellent book..!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipe Book!, 27 Sep 2014
Brilliant! Full of tasty looking recipes I can't wait to try out. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, 12 Nov 2014
Mrs. Karin Chilton (Peterborough,England) - See all my reviews
Lovely recipes, going to try some of these out!