on 15 February 2014
I bought this book for my best friend for her birthday after she dropped a couple of hints. She spoke very highly about some of the recipes, so when I visited London in the new year, I went into the Nordic Bakery and tried one of their cakes. It was so delicious I knew I had to order one of these books for myself and try baking it at home!

The book was delivered very quickly, and I immediately bought ingredients to make the spiced date cake.

The recipe worked perfectly, as have other recipes I have tried from the book since. I love this book and I'm so glad I bought myself a copy after getting the first one for my friend. I'm looking forward to trying out the rest of the recipes, and I highly recommend this book to anyone else who has an interest in baking and Scandinavian food.

I wish I could rate this book MORE than 5 stars!
on 23 March 2014
I'm working my way through the recipes, and am thrilled with the way each one turns out! Delicious and slightly different, I haven't had a failure yet.
on 27 September 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS...

I found the recipes very inaccurate in terms of quantities (what the heck are we doing on the Pulla Bread recipe with 700gmr of four to 300 liquid? 6:4 is the ratio for bread - no wonder it turns out like rubber dough, then the bread is dry and goes off in 12 hours!). Other recipes just didn't work when I tried them or my partner did. I have been making all the families bread (mostly sour dough) for the last 4 years and am far from an expert but if I get p****ed off when a recipe is wildly out then someone coming new to bread-making will think they are useless, that's not on as far as I am concerned...
on 28 June 2015
Great book! Tried 6 so far and all turned out very well. Find myself reaching out for this more and more when we have guests as the recipes turn out great on first try.
review image review image
on 12 October 2014
I have tried several of the recipes and to be fair they turned out well. My one disgruntlement with the book is that it's basically Finnish baking with a few Swedish and Russian recipes thrown in. I therefore think the title is somewhat mis-leading as I had expected recipes from all the main Scandinavian countries in more or less equal numbers. OK the writer is from Finland but perhaps it should have been named "Finnish baking" rather than implying that it covers all Nordic countries. I'll be honest and say if I had seen/browsed the book in a bookshop I probably wouldn't have bought it. I may try "Scandilicious Baking" and "Scandinavian Baking" by Signe Johansen and Trine Hahnemann for a better book on Scandinavian/Nordic baking as a whole.
on 31 May 2016
Love this book, with wheat flour being used sparingly in these recipes a lot are gluten free naturally and the rest that I've tried take gluten free flour really well in the place of regular. The recipes are delicious, really loving the broccoli tart!
on 10 June 2016
Bought this after visiting the coffee shop in Marylebone several times. The Cinnamon Buns are incredible. The book is well written. The recipes are clear and detailed. I've only made a couple of things so far - look forward to trying them all out!
on 12 November 2014
Lovely recipes, going to try some of these out!
on 21 April 2015
The read was as good as recipes
on 26 May 2015
Good book, simple recipes.