Format: Hardcover|Change

on 27 March 2015
I have been working my way through this recipe book and have done 10 recipes so far. I always annotate the recipes as I make them so I know which ones to go back to.

On the plus side, the pictures are of the cheesecakes look wonderful and there are some recipes that are delicious although do need a little tweaking.
Most of the recipes are not overly sweet.
The pictures give good ideas for presentation with my other cheesecake recipes that are tried and tested and work.

On the negative side however.....
*The quantities and size of some of the cheesecakes are enormous and serve 12.
*Some recipes don't have enough biscuits to cover the base of the tins.
*Any recipes that have a biscuit base have far too much butter in them and lots of the baked cheesecakes leave a pool of oil on the baking tray.
*The ones that I have used that have alcohol in have far too much.
*Whilst I do not like cheesecake to be too sweet the Raspberry and cranachan wasn't sweet enough and didn't taste of honey, and the raspberries, despite careful folding turned the cheesecake bright pink and the finished articles did not look or taste good.
* The Rum and raisin recipe is just plain wrong. The cheesecake is pleasant enough, although the amount of rum seems excessive even to me, but the sauce just doesn't work. It looks nothing like the picture it was an unappetising creamy looking,( and not in a good way), oily mess. And it tasted horrid. Yes I did follow all the recipes exactly. I had to fiddle with the sauce to get a sauce like the one in the picture and so I didn't waste the very costly ingredients.
* The plum crumble did not wow either. When made the cheesecake mixture was not a pretty pink, plum colour as in the picture, but more brownish and I had to add a little red food colouring to make it look edible. The taste was not earth shattering either.

It would have been helpful to have a few more tips, as in what size tin to use if you only wanted to make a cheesecake for 6-8 people rather than 12.
It would have been helpful to know which brand of gelatine she used as there are 2 main leaf gelatine brands and they are different sizes.

So far I have found the book to be style over substance, but will continue working my through the recipes and hope to be proved wrong.
on 23 September 2013
This is a great book with some fabulous ideas for making cheesecakes exciting from individual portions to larger party size. Varying mixtures and techniques which can give you inspiration to try your own ideas. It would of been nice to have more lower fat options as some are very heavy on the mascarpone and creams. So I have been trying to alter the recipes to suit the cut down diet plan we are trying at home but still love the odd treat. Lovely photos and so colourful very inspirational would recommend.
on 25 July 2013
Plenty of choice in this book, absolutely spoilt for different recipes. Recipes are simple to follow and its great because it contains plenty of recipes without egg (which my friend who this was for is allergic to). Beautiful pictures, and the recipes taste great! Would recommend for all cheesecake lovers!
on 9 January 2014
im a chef and have a million and one cook books, this one is fresh and beautifully put together, haven't tried all the recipes yet, but the ones I have done have come out well. I also serve a lot of the cheesecakes in work, they go down a storm!!!
on 2 January 2014
I have always loved cheesecake and I enjoy making them. I have a sweet tooth, so the recipes in this book are really up my street, and so many to choose from. They are really delicious and some have more unusual flavours.
on 22 May 2013
I love this book! Its got amazing recipies all of which are easy to follow with great instructions. It has something for both the novice and the more experienced with such good looking results. My favourite one has to be caramelized banoffee cheesecake it has a real twist to a clasic.
on 4 June 2013
I LOVE this book! some fabulous recipes using a variety of techniques and wonderful flavour combinations. has both grams and cups as units of measurement. currently havingto prise this out of my mum's hands as she can't stop flciking through either! :)
on 21 February 2014
I love this book, i am fairly new to making cheesecake and used a recipe from it last week. The instructions are very easy to follow and there are loads of great ideas in it as well as your classic style cheesecake.
on 23 September 2013
Purchased more for the photography than the recipes! A gift for my daughter, a budding cook - she loves this book and refers to it often.
on 25 April 2013
Absolutely brilliant cheesecake book. I love it and plan to make many of them. Very well illustrated and easy to follow recipes. Good price too and speedy delivery too. Thank you.