on 28 August 2015
Excellent recipes that work every time. I love the conversion charts for each cake so you can adapt the ingredients amounts for your cake tins - as an amateur making my own wedding cake it was invaluable.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2013
Just what I needed, a little inspiration to spark ideas of my own, easy to read and a good book to build on for your own ideas.
on 27 January 2013
Arrived within the specified time. Book as described. Details within the book are simple, easy to understand and well laid out.
on 5 April 2014
I love this book. Ive tried multiple recipes from it and the cakes tasted amazing. Ive also decorated wedding cakes using the intructions provided and achieved great results. You need to sit and read the information provided at the front to get an understanding of what could go wrong and if you bare that in mind, nothing should. Im not a professional but have self taught to make cakes recently and made impressive cakes using this book. Have also used as inspiration for making other cakes. Very good purchase.
on 9 August 2013
Although I have made cakes before,having been asked to make my son's wedding cake was a different matter. Buying this book has made all the difference. I have found the perfect recipe which is scaled up for the different layers. There are very clear and helpful instructions throughout, on such things as leveling, tiering and icing. there are also many troubleshooting tips for when things do not work out perfectly. This book is a must have for the nervous novice.
on 3 March 2014
I borrowed this book initially from our local library to give me ideas for my son's wedding cake. It did not disappoint in the slightest. Delicious recipes that were easy to follow and some great decorating tips too. I was so impressed that I purchased it and it come out every time I have a celebration cake to make.
Book arrived in good time and well packaged. Will use seller again
on 12 November 2013
This book has some very nice cakes but if you own Spectacular Cakes by Mitch Turner (which was published 5 years earlier than this book) then do not purchase Boutique Wedding Cakes. I was very disappointed as many of the cakes are virtually identical, and the instructions are not as good. Stick with Mitch's books. She is excellent.
on 22 July 2014
Lts of nice pictures and and some really good recipes. I paticualy like the conversion of recipes for different sized and shaped cake tins.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2014
Wonderful book - Thank you
on 20 August 2013
Full of ideas and tips which I found invaluable when making daughter wedding cakes.
Sep by step guides and variable cake size charts with ingredient measurements
Beautiful imaginative decoration ideas
I thought this was worth the money