5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes that work
Published on 28 Aug 2012 by Rucob

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one pot
Slightly misleading title in that some of the dishes require more than one pot (eg, pasta with separate sauce).

Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes that work, 28 Aug 2012
As a student I was looking for a cook book that featured recipes that I felt I'd be able to achieve on a small budget and without too much effort. I couldn't have been more delighted - the recipes may take a little while to create but the instructions are clear and easy to follow and all of the (by now many) recipes I have tried have been a resounding success (especially with my family). In some places I may have to substitute cheaper alternatives but on the whole I feel the general ingredients are easily within my budget - really recommend this to any student (or just anyone looking for a good cookbook)!

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy!, 14 Jan 2012
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)
I disagree with the previous review. The vast majority of the ingredients are on sale in any decent size branch of Tesco. The single mention of chicken stock is easily remedied by substituting with vegetable stock, and was probably simply missed by the proof reader, if the recipe was converted from a non veggie book.
The level of culinary skill required is minimal, the results delicious, and I hardly feel pre-roasting in an oven tin is beyond the wit of man! I bought this book for my student daughter,and she's delighted with the wide and imaginative range of cuisines covered, from Indian to Italian,Moroccan, Thai,Chinese and French. I checked through some thirty veg books before choosing this one, and would definitely recommend it as easy and tasty. The recipes are quick to prepare, or can be left in the oven while you do something else. Buy and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great selection of recipes for delicious food, 23 July 2014
J. Fitzgerald "electricwater" (Lechlade) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)
While I have to concur with other reviewers who have pointed out that not all the recipes are strictly one-pot, and that some of the recipes are not particularly 'Easy', this is one of the best recipe books I own. It has a great and varied selection of dishes from around the world, and I am constantly impressed by just how good they taste!
In it's defence, even the more complex recipes have been made relatively straight-forward by well-written, clear instructions. So they are relatively easy, as opposed to quick.
As with any cook-book it is advisable to read all the text of a recipe before you start. In fact it's wise to do so even before you buy the ingredients, as alternatives are often provided in each recipe's introduction. Another useful addition is the use of both US and UK names for ingredients (e.g. they always refer to cilantro/coriander). Again, as with other cook-books you'll probably find yourself making your own notes and adjustments to the recipes, but I have found this book to have required fewer of my tinkerings than usual!
My 5 stars are for the consistent high quality of the food that we have made using this book over the last 18 months. Four recommendations off the top of my head: the udon noodles with tofu and shiitake mushrooms, trottole pasta salad with peppers and garlic, the three-cheese baked penne, and the chunky puy-lentil and vegetable soup. All delicious (if not all strictly one-pot!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, tasty and simple, 15 Aug 2013
Easy veggie food - one recipe per page with picture on opposite page to show exactly what to aim for.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Easy as it Says on the Tin!, 20 July 2013
Mrs. Angela READ "Maturegrad" (Devizes, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)
Lovely recipe book, gave me fresh ideas and the recipes are easy to follow. A good all-round addition to my cookbook collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good recipe book, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)
An excellent vegetarian cook book. Not a vegetarian myself but enjoy cooking for friends who are and all of the recipes that I have tried have been enjoyed (so much so, that they have even gone and ordered the book as well!).

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)
First of all each recipe has its photo and to me that's important to give an idea of what the final dish should be like. Although I'm not vegetarian I found this book extremely inspiring and recipes seem really easy to cook, I must say that of the many veg books I purchased this is the one I could not do without.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)
I wanted to get my single brother, who doesn't do much cooking, a cookbook that he could follow easily. This does the trick!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one pot, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)

Beautiful pictures but I felt many of the dishes still required accompaniments in terms of rice, potatoes, bread or pasta so it wasn't the time saving book I was hoping for. The recipes themselves are fresh and interesting though so as long as you're not bothered by the title, the ideas from this book are good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uses chicken stock in a recipe!, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) (Paperback)
I don't agree with the title saying 'Easy'. Many of the recipes are quite involved and some require a very broad selection of ingredients not found in most food stores. Some recipes require roasting in an oven for a time, then taking out, adding something, and putting back for further cooking. Some recipes will take an hour to prepare with cooking time, preparation and shopping for unusual ingredients. But the main choker is the recipe for Moroccan-spiced couscous page 194 which states use chicken stock. Chickens are animals. Say no more.

Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery)
Easy Vegetarian One Pot (Cookery) by Various (Paperback - 13 Oct 2011)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available