on 8 January 2012
I bought this book myself last year and have really enjoyed making the recipes (in fact, the photographs and styling in the book evoke such a lovely cosy feeling that just browsing through the book's pages is comforting on a cold winter's day!)

I then bought this on Amazon for my mum so she could enjoy it too - unfortunately this version is the US version with US measurements so I'm having to return it. Imperial weights aren't too bad, but cups for volume and sticks of butter would need conversion.

If this is an issue for you, just check that the issue you're buying has UK measurements.
on 10 January 2012
We purchased this book two years ago, and love it. It is so nice just to pick up and wander through. The pictures are good and the qualty of print and paper excellent. The recipes that we have tried have all been successful and really good, so much so that we have just bought this second copy of the book to give to our daughter for Christmas. I can heartily recommend.
on 6 May 2013
Absolutely amazing book, that a friend recommended to me, after she'd bought it and found every single recipe that she tried to work first time and to taste great! I can totally agree. Most dishes are easy to make, with the odd more exotic ingredient. Great variety of soups (I usually find soups either boring or to difficult), which are not too much hastle, stews, casseroles, great meat dishes (we love the beef bourginion), sides etc. Worth every penny and in so many respects so much more practical for everyday cooking (with a lot of variety) than a lot of the "cheffy" books one can get. Recommend!!!
on 20 August 2013
I haven't made any recipes from this just yet as I ordered it in summer but I can't wait for the temperature to drop and autumn to arrive. The photography is wonderful with lots of cosy and inviting scenes. It's an American cookbook so measurements are mainly 'cups' and 'ounces' but there is a conversion chart at the back for us English folk. I liked this book so much that I've ordered another copy to give to somebody as a gift. There's a good range of recipes and I highly recommend it.
on 21 September 2014
A truly wonderful book - lovely pictures and very yummy, comfort food recipes, perfect for when those long winter evenings draw in. I was a bit concerned about the measures as it wasn't clear from the description and following other feedback on Amazon, but am very pleased to say that this edition has both UK and US measures within every recipe, so is very easy to follow.

Would strongly recommend if you are looking for something to treat yourself to, or would make as lovely gift for a fellow foodie.
VINE VOICEon 7 March 2011
Loved this book so much when I bought it, that I have now also bought a copy for my son. It is jam-packed full of sensible, tasty recipes you will cook again and again.
on 16 June 2015
I love the evocative images on this book as well as the sound of the recipes, however the handful of recipes I have tried recreating haven't turned out as great as I had hoped. I think they are great in theory but not as great in realit.
on 10 February 2013
Bought this book as a present just after Christmas, but looking at it, so disappointing that I did not give it.
Nothing particularly novel in the way of recipes, nor does it (to me at least) evoke any more cosy feeling.
In fact Delia's winter cookery book purchased years ago is much better in that respect.
May cost a little more, but more substantial and better for plenty of seasonal recipes and cosiness!
on 14 August 2012
There are plenty of great meals in this book it hardly ever gets boring and none of them are particularly difficult to make. Granted you still need to be able to cook, but there is something for all skill levels and taste buds.
on 19 March 2013
One of the best cookery books I have ever bought, I bought a second for my daughter. Something for everyone, we have made several dishes and hope to make manh more.