4.0 out of 5 stars The proof of the pudding
Bought on a whim - i.e. I am not a customer of the Bakery or anything - so all the recipes are new to me. Have made about 3 of the cake recipes so far.

I'm not entirely happy with the method of presenting the recipes. For example, for a couple of the ones I have made, the basic recipe is on one page and the variations are over the page or even further on, which...
Published on 10 Jun 2011 by A. Keys

2.0 out of 5 stars A few more goes in the test kitchen?
The book is beautiful, the images seductive and colours amazing. I am a customer of the Soho Bakery and I love it there. I am also a pretty experienced cook. I am sad to say that the recipes I tried [a few!] seem odd - quantites for ingredients don't seem right, batters or filling or topping never seems right and always requires a tweek or reverting to another book for...
Published on 29 July 2011 by HOBART

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational book, 23 Feb 2014
Lorna "Sewing crazy" (Hatfield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nordic Bakery Cookbook (Hardcover)
I am just starting to get back into baking, and I have friends who love products from Norway and Sweden, so I bought this book as a reference source for my baking. My friends got hold of the book and I now have orders for quite a few different things from the book. It looks like I'm going to be busy!
This book has good photos, and the recipes appear clear and simple to follow, but I've not tried one yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic Bakery Cookbook, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nordic Bakery Cookbook (Hardcover)
This was a present for one of my daughters so I can only say it appears to have been satisfactory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 27 Oct 2011
This review is from: Nordic Bakery Cookbook (Hardcover)
Brilliant book filled with authentic Nordic recipes. Got this for my Finnish girlfriend who's living with me in UK and she loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Finnish recipes, all the basics covered, 12 Sep 2011
THVN (Scandinavia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nordic Bakery Cookbook (Hardcover)
I bought this book because my husband is Finnish and we currently live in another country. I thought he might enjoy baking at home all the sweet treats he misses. We both really like this book even though we have tried any recipes yet but I'm sure we will try a few this winter. The recipes are mostly Finnish and most basics are covered - many rye breads, flatbreads, savoury pastries, Karelian pies, birthday cake, Boston cake, cinnamon buns, Pulla bread, Christmas star pastries, nest cakes (tippaleipä), cardamom doughnuts (munkki), blueberry pie, gingerbread cookies, Runeberg tarts, and many more. Some recipes look a bit too complicated and time consuming for my taste, but there are plenty that I will attempt.
It's a really good book with lots of great pictures. I'm glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab-like the bakery, 4 Jun 2011
J. A. Atkinson (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nordic Bakery Cookbook (Hardcover)
This bakery is one of my favourite places to go when I'm in London for a coffee and a cinnamon roll. I was delighted when I saw that they had published a recipe book and it doesn't disappoint.
For those who want a great book on Scandanavian bakery -you need look no further.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Nordic Bakery Cookbook
Nordic Bakery Cookbook by Miisa Mink (Hardcover - 14 April 2011)
Used & New from: 11.50