5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent companion to Avid MC 6, 21 Mar. 2013
Very clearly organised, this book contains "recipes" for almost any step of the editing work flow.
Excellent for anyone who is learning the intricacies of Media Composer, and a valuable companion to anyone who is returning to the software and needs to catch up with the latest developments.
The plain, no-nonsense attitude is refreshing and the instructions are easy to follow. Keep a copy on your desktop, "just in case".

5.0 out of 5 stars Book saved my life..., 1 Mar. 2013
I thought I was going to hate this because of the cookbook title but I ordered it as the official Avid literature wasn't available in Uk as a download and I was in a real rush (sorry about the pun).

I have just switched to AVID from Première Pro (via FCP 6) and had a job to do very quickly. This manual gave me a very direct route to achieving what I had to do in a short space of time. This included arranging and setting up bins, to capturing from DV tape and then to a assembling rushes, adding BITC and outputting to Quicktime movie files the director can watch on his MacBook.

The book is basically a series of well written flowcharts, covering some very likely portions of workflow in MC 6.x. This worked for me and will suit you if you haven't the time to work your way through every angle of the software, as the Avid training manuals want you to do (I have since bought one of them and this confirms my opinion on this - Media Composer 6: Professional Picture and Sound Editing).

Thank you Benjamin Herschleder, whoever and wherever you are. One day I will have time to read the author's blurb and find this out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mediia Composer 6.x cookbook, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Avid Media Composer 6.x Cookbook (Paperback)
This is an excellent book, I refer to it on a daily basis, its well laid out and easy to understand.

Avid Media Composer 6.x Cookbook
Avid Media Composer 6.x Cookbook by Hershleder Benjamin (Paperback - 20 Dec. 2012)