Format: Paperback|Change

on 31 January 2012
Although this book was written for v4.31 of iClone, it still applies to the newer v5. I found that a few instructions sets were not crystal clear, which would leave an absolute beginner baffled as to why a particular sequence was not working. It's a beginner's book, so nothing should be taken for granted. That said, I'd still recommend this book to anyone who wants to jump into the wonderful world of iClone animation. The book is full of extremely useful tips, tricks, and shortcuts. It'll certainly dramatically shorten the learning curve which takes one from beginner to intermediate user.
on 25 January 2013
Iclone (the software) is a terrific animation programme. However, it is absolutely necessary that you learn how to use it. This can be quite daunting! Two ways to learn it. Spend years blundering about, learning bits and pieces here and there, and probably giving up.
Or, buy this book which gives you a hands on (and practical) approach to the in's and out's, of how to use the programme to best effect.
I initially, chose to blunder about, because I had some knowledge of 3D animation. Mistake! So I bought the book!
Still working my way through it, and building projects, however this is definitely the way to learn the programme!
on 2 May 2012
I recently discovered iClone by accident and was instantly hooked. Now, there are literally hundreds of tutorials on Youtube, and although a few of them helped me to get up and running with iClone, I found I was still missing a foundational understanding of the many features of the software.

I came across this book as I was reading the author's blog and thought that it might help to give me a good grounding in iClone. As it turns out, this book actually delivers way more than it says on the cover.

It not only teaches absolute beginners how to use all the various features in iClone, but more importantly, the author shares a great many tips and techniques which he draws from his many years of experience as a professional 3D animator. So many things in fact which you won't find in any Youtube tutorials since those are mostly oriented towards describing the various features of the software. This book goes so much further than that.

And yes, it does also cover iClone 5 and quite extensively at that. Nearly 200 pages of Appendices in fact are dedicate to the new features in iClone 5!

I would strongly recommend this book to anyone starting out using iClone, you'll surely find this is money well spent.
on 13 March 2014
Very clear and easy to understand. Just what I needed.
Nice large print. I would rate 5 stars and. above.
on 11 April 2015
Great product, would recommend it! This seller is first rate.
on 5 December 2015