5.0 out of 5 stars Another keeper about the Malloren clan
Having read all the stories about the family bar this one (the second in the series), I couldn't wait to get my hands on it once it was reprinted.
Published on 6 Feb 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Dull Heroine, Great Hero
Published on 30 Jun 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Another keeper about the Malloren clan, 6 Feb 2003
By A Customer
This story is intertwined in the time frame with the first of the series (My Lady Notorious) & you restrain yourelf from jumping up & down knowing what you know is happening & will happen as the story unfolds! The hero is Bryght the second eldest brother & he literally stumbles upon Portia St. Clair in his quest to help restore his future sister-in-law's reputation. Several events bring the two together & ineviatbly Portia grows on Bryght & it becomes his fate to save her.
The characters as uausal are very real, you feel with them & you're rewarded with a wonderful conclusion. A great read & re-read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dull Heroine, Great Hero, 30 Jun 2003
By A Customer
Tempting Fortunes and Hazard have similar situations, such as the kiss in the coach between the heroine and a friend loved as a brother, or the hero and heroine locked in a room - moment which develops, of course, to the expected conclusion. Apart for the feeling that JB had a limited imagination, I enjoyed the book. Bryght is a great hero (handsome, adventurous, honourable, ...); Portia, however, is a bit of a ninny and of course misinterprets everything. If this book were not part of a 'family saga' I could not recommend it, but if you read Lady Notorious, you will probably want to know what happened to the rest of the Malloren, and this is the second book in this family series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely hero- stupid heroine, 28 Aug 2006
Mrs. J. L. Wainwright (London, England) - See all my reviews
This book started off as if it was going to be as good as the other Malloren books( I have read them in the wrong order) but I was disappointed with this heroine. She was so frustrating that I had to keep on putting the book down. Bryght was totally gorgeous and I could not understand why he wanted anything to do with this silly annoying women who did not appreciate what he was and what he had done for her. I think that Jo Beverley made her unbelievable...no one in their right mind would turn down Bryght Malloran especially a so unattractive Portia. I have one more Malloran novel to read "Devilish" (Bey's story) and I hope this one does not disappoint me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Malloren Read, 3 Sep 2010
R. J. Mills (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tempting Fortune (Malloren Family) (Paperback)
Jo Beverley is always a good read and she does not disappoint with this book.I love to read the group "Books" as the characters become good friends.

Tempting Fortune (Malloren Family)
Tempting Fortune (Malloren Family) by Jo Beverley (Paperback - 22 Mar 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01