5.0 out of 5 stars True Woman and Writer
This is a very well researched biography which tells Maeve Binchy's story from the moment her family settled in Ireland to the day she died there in 2012, having become a household name all over the world. It is the story of a child who believed everything her family told her, as we all do, but who was SO believing that she suffered terribly when bit by bit she discovered...
Published 20 months ago by Charlotte

3.0 out of 5 stars Insight into Maeve B
I am surprised by this biography. It brings out loads of information about Maeve that I didn't previously know, but it is a heavier read than I expected and I am finding it hard to concentrate. I am 20% through and it hasn't gripped me yet - but I hope it still will. I owe it to Maeve to keep going - but I do recommend reading ALL her books first as they are referred...
Published 19 months ago by sheila randall

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not definitive, 11 May 2014
It's and easy read, and captures something of Maeve's personality and spirit, but it does seem to have been written from a distance. I got the distinct impression that the biographer hadn't met his subject or been able to talk to many people who had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 11 April 2014
I don't read much fiction but was interested in the author. Very pleasantly surprised - the book was well-written and I was fascinated with the development of her career. She comes across as a compassionate, deep-thinking and intelligent woman who had the
capacity for living life to the full with lots of fun. Knowing her mind-set now for the books makes them an attractive proposition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mauve Binchy Biography., 10 April 2014
A very well written Biography about an insightful Author rating as a favourite of mine. Still reading it at present, very informative about Mauve,s life and formative years, and reminds me of my youth too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, human bography, 9 April 2014
This was a well written biography with quotations from family & friends that brought Maeve and her stories vividly to life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, 8 April 2014
Amazon Customer (Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Too much politics

The bits about Maeve's life were very interesting but I found it was more about Irish Politics
No it wasn't for me

3.0 out of 5 stars Damning with faint praise, 7 April 2014
Was this a dissertation for a Phd? It is very long drawn out and detailed with references to her work. Not an easy read butj
held my interest because I so loved her novels and enjoyed finding out about her life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy: The Biography, 7 April 2014
I am still reading this book, I find it very disjointed, jumping from one place to another. I will finish reading it, but am not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy, 6 April 2014
A very well written and interesting book, especially for someone who reads and likes her books, but also for new readers.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good insight into the life and times of this great writer, 6 Mar. 2014
Coleve (Angus,, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Always wanted to learn a little more of one of my favorite authors. This book will be my last adventure with her

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 28 Nov. 2013
So sorry she is no longer with us, what a writer, I have read and reread every thing she has wrote.

Maeve Binchy: The Biography
Maeve Binchy: The Biography by Piers Dudgeon (Hardcover - 2 Aug. 2013)