5.0 out of 5 stars True Woman and Writer
This is a very well researched biography which tells Maeve Binchy's story from the moment her family settled in Ireland to the day she died there in 2012, having become a household name all over the world. It is the story of a child who believed everything her family told her, as we all do, but who was SO believing that she suffered terribly when bit by bit she discovered...
Published 10 months ago by Charlotte

3.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy: The Biography
Considering what a an amazing and interesting person Maeve Binchy was this biography was heavy going. I was interested to know about her life but disappointed that the details were not presented in a more humorous and livelier manner. Piers Dudgeon did not appear to know her and relied on friends of hers for facts about her life. A real picture of this wonderful writer...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book, 3 Jun 2014
An interesting Biography. Having read most of her books which I enjoyed very much . It was fascinating to read about her life.

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read about the author, 2 Jun 2014
It was good to get an insight into her life and background, and how she draws on this in her books.

An easy to read story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, 30 May 2014
I am a huge fan of Maeve's books and this book gives you an interesting insight into how a lot of those books came to be. it is not quite holding my attention as much as one of her books though that is why I have only given it 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed the book, 23 April 2014
Good insight into Maeve . But wanted to know why as an atheist she had four priests doing a requiem mass for her - irish hypocrisy ???

5.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy, 29 Jan 2014
Wonderful book,thoroughly enjoyed it,again a massive fan but learned more about the lady herself.To me the point of reading a auto/biography is to get to know the person you admire,this hit the spot for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite authors, 25 Jan 2014
GJ PM Mann "hardy fan" (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
How I am enjoying reading about Maeve's life. It's so interesting to learn where she sourced her stories. Now I'm not surprised that her characters appear so real.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back story to all those novels., 16 Jan 2014
Nice to see the woman behind the novels. A must read for Binchy fans! I didn't know she had been a teacher before embarking on her career as a journalist and writer so thoroughly enjoyed this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expecting a good read so disappointed, 31 Dec 2013
Have just finished reading this biography and am pleased it only cost me 1.09 as I found it a real disappointment. I have read all of Meave's books and found them like everybody else wonderful reads.

If you want to learn about Irish history then this is a book for you. I found it a very boring read and came to the conclusion that Piers Dudgeon had probably never met Meave!!

It is such a shame that Meave never wrote her own autobiography as that I am sure would have been a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy RIP, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Maeve Binchy: The Biography (Hardcover)
I cannot believe that there will be no more novels by this, my favourite, author. I am much of an age with Maeve and can relate so easily to the times she writes about. I have always dreaded getting to the end of one of her books and they are all re-readable - which cannot often be said. I have only just started reading this biography but can tell that it is going to be on my bookshelf with the rest of her books for the rest of my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
great book

Maeve Binchy: The Biography
Maeve Binchy: The Biography by Piers Dudgeon (Hardcover - 2 Aug 2013)
13.60