5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous nostalgia with the inside track!
Ive grown up with West Ham, they're in my blood. Like most football fans it comes from my family, handed down from generation to generation. I learnt of our history and I learnt to idolise our players. West Ham became and remain a constant in my life.

Published on 13 Aug. 2012 by MDC1108

Published 7 months ago by Musicman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous nostalgia with the inside track!, 13 Aug. 2012
This review is from: There's Only One Stevie Bacon (Hardcover)

So too a constant at West Ham is Steve Bacon. Seeing Steve pitchside at a game was as traditional as having a beer in The Boleyn or eating pie n mash at Nathan's.For those who dont know or have never heard of Steve, he is as much a West Ham legend as Bobby Moore, John Lyall, Bonzo, Sir Trev, Dicksie or Paolo.

As a mere 'punter' I wouldnt see or hear of the inner workings of the club or of the players I loved but theyre all here! Ive only just got this today and having 'flicked' through it, Steve's captured the lot both on camera and in text. I doubt he meant to do it, but he's resurrected so many emotions and memories of a time when my old pop would take me as a kid down to Upton Park, and some more recent ones too with me now taking my own kids there. Amazing!

Whether it brings memories flooding back, or you just want to read about some of the goings on that most of us 'on the outside' would never normally hear or see, this book is a MUST for all Hammers fans! And I imagine a darn decent read for even those that arent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing home the Bacon, 11 Oct. 2012
This review is from: There's Only One Stevie Bacon (Hardcover)
This is a great book from a West Ham legend. You'd expect there to be some great pictures in there, and there are; but there's also some cracking stories. He doesn't hold back with his views on Alan Pardew and Avram Grant, but I have to agree with him in both cases.
When my book came out last year I swapped one with Steve for his last book Hammers in Focus. When I got home I felt bad about bringing home the Bacon, because his book was a gorgeous hardback and mine was a paperback. I've eased my conscience with this review. It's a great read and I urge you to buy it for the West Ham fan in your life this Christmas.

Jeremy Nicholas - West Ham United announcer and author of Mr Moon Has Left the Stadium

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Aug. 2013
A must for all hammers fans. Very Informative, a great insight to Behind the scenes of the last 40 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bacon rolls, 16 May 2013
Very good read and different look at how things at the club and how football has changed ,players ect good stories told about west ham utds past managers and players will read over and over again

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for a west ham fan, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: There's Only One Stevie Bacon (Hardcover)
This book has now been bought by the whole family (those who are west ham fans). It is a very interesting read and definitely brings back the memories. It arrived on time and well packaged.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining book but I'm not sure what to make of the author?, 7 Oct. 2014
Yes it's an entertaining book but I'm not sure what to make of the author. He's lifelong fan of West Ham so I'm surprised at some of the things he says about some of our loyal and favourite players. In the chapter where he brings to the fore his complete dislike of Alan Pardew (and I agree a lot of people probably agree with him) he also fairly unkind to players like Don Hutchinson and Stephen Bywater who in his opinion had low levels of intelligence. In my view not nice and not necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and not just for West Ham fans either......, 8 Nov. 2014
Great book and not just for West Ham fans either......Better than most players insights into the game as he saw things from another dimension. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
This review is from: There's Only One Stevie Bacon (Hardcover)
Man is a legend, nuff said!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Mar. 2015
brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov. 2014
excellent

There's Only One Stevie Bacon
There's Only One Stevie Bacon by Kirk Blows (Hardcover - 9 Aug. 2012)