5.0 out of 5 stars Oscar the Bionic Cat
I loved this book. I felt it was a very well written, engrossing story which was full of likeable characters without being overly sentimental. As a cat lover I can fully sympathise with the predicament the author faced & felt overwhelmed by Oscar's desire to live. He really must be one of the luckiest cats in the world!
Published on 16 Mar. 2013 by Mrs Elizabeth Piercey

3.0 out of 5 stars Heart-Warming
Oscar has certainly used up all of his nine lives - and more! Not content with being hit by a car and having to undergo surgery, he then found himself in the middle of an argument with a combine harvester.

Oscar is not your ordinary, everyday cat, and in this case the cat won! His owners, Kate and Mike were fortunate enough to have a wonderful vet who was...
Published 22 months ago by Lincs Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Oscar the Bionic Cat, 16 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Oscar: The Bionic Cat: A Heart-Warming Tale of Feline Bravery (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A true story of family love and feline bravery, 17 Mar. 2013
This is an amazing story of a beautiful cat with a sweet nature. Dearly loved by his owners, his accidents and misfortunes cause them great heartache and eventually take them from their home-island of Jersey to England for pioneering surgery that enables Oscar to walk again. I recommend this book wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brave and determined, Oscar battles on., 24 April 2013
Ismay1012 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I well remember the day the news about Oscar's amazing `bionic' surgery broke. It was my 39th wedding anniversary on June 25th 2010. I read in the Daily Telegraph Oscar's amazing story and later still watched the documentary about the pioneering surgery that took place when Irish neuro-orthopaedic surgeon Noel Fitzpatrick operated on Oscar at his state of the art Godalming Vetinerary practice. When I saw that his owner Kate Allen had written a book about Oscar, I ordered it straight away from Amazon.

I read this book almost in one sitting. It totally gripped me and the pages literally flew by. Kate Allan has written an honest, informative, balanced account of Oscar's life both before and after his accident. It's bang up to date and Kate herself had posted on Oscar's Facebook page that Oscar had just a few days ago enjoyed his Sunday meal, a favourite of his, Tuna.

I recommend this to all cat lovers. Although by the nature of the subject it is very sad at times, Oscar himself has always been very accepting and never shown any animosity towards the practitioners who have treated him, never scratched or bitten and always accepted his medication willingly. As Kate says, it is a though he knew everything that had to be done was for his own good. He revels in life and it's really wonderful that his owners Kate and Mike have looked after his best interests so diligently. I really loved reading this true, heart warming, well-written story.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 8 April 2013
excellent-very interesting,thoroughly good read,would recommend it to friends,particulary as a holiday read-keeps your interest from start to finish. good one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written true story of an unlucky lucky cat!, 27 Oct. 2013
I remember reading about this poor cat and his bionic legs! A touching story. The sub-title about this being a 'heart-warming story of feline bravery' made me think this would be yet another of those badly written sentimental true life tales about a cat capturing someone's heart etc etc. Not sure really that cats can be brave either... But anyway...

Happily, this book is really well written - unusual when it comes to these sorts of non-fiction cat books, far too many of which are being published to cash in by riding on the coat tales of a Streetcat Named Bob.

I really liked this book and think it's really one of the best non-fiction true life tales out there for catlovers. Glad to see a book of this genre well written for once!

I prefer fiction about cats, like the hilarious Cat Tales or A Cat Called Dog, but for non fiction this is one of my favourite 2 - the other being the Bob book.

Oscar was unlucky then lucky! In many countries he would have been put down, but he was lucky enough to be unfortunate in a nation of cat lovers. Bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly interesting, what a brave cat!, 15 Aug. 2014
Thoroughly interesting book, sad in places especially given that Oscar is such a patient and placid cat. His owners complacency in letting him out again on his own in the garden without supervision surprised me given all they and Oscar had been through but I suppose we can all get a bit complacent as time passes. Looking forward to hearing what happens in the future and hope he doesn't end up being put to sleep after all the little fella has been through! Well worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oscar: The Bionic Cat, a real special book to read!, 13 Mar. 2013
Oscar : The Bionic Cat by Kate Allan

I stared reading this book after my dad had brought me a copy home a signed copy, Thank-you to Kate for signing it. I love cats and stared reading it right away. I found all the cats Buzz, Lou, poppy and Oscar to have great characters and with every page you could just feel how special Oscar is, and how when faced with such huge life choice's for him his owners did every thing in their Power. I thought the book also had some funny Parts and without a doubt you go on an emotional journey.

I really enjoyed reading about Oscars journey, I think this is a great read for anyone and very well written.
The book is a huge Credit to the author and Oscar.
Kind regards

5.0 out of 5 stars I was bracing myself towards the end as i thought a sad ending was going to be in the book, 2 Sept. 2014
what a tail !!! I hadnt seen the documentary about Oscar so all this was new to me . I totally understood when Oscars "parents" had to weigh up the pros and cons between Oscars quality of life and the pain he would go through to have what was a ground breaking operation after his second mishap .

Oscar placid nature and desire for life was obviously a major part of the choice they made . I thought they d lost him to the vets care at one point and indeed he did have another life living in the care of the vets team as he needed on going treatment and care after his major operation to fit two false legs .

I was bracing myself towards the end as i thought a sad ending was going to be in the book . I still dont know if oscar is still enjoying life, I need to google it I think . ! A delightful book full of love for Oscar .

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming, 24 May 2013
Wife loves a good read, she also loves cats. This book covers both and brought a few tears to her eye

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring, endearing unique cat!, 9 Aug. 2014
I love cats of all species, from lions & tigers down to domestic cats and everything in between. As a result, I have watched/ studied their behaviour now, over many years; they never cease to surprise me, but like Oscar, they are awe-inspiring. Oscar is of Star quality: what he went through, yet remained so loving is unique. I know cats are remarkably sentient, they, like Oscar, can sense when you are trying to help them. This book is a must for all who really love cats, for whom life is incomplete without at least one cat in their lives! Thank you Oscar: you are an inspiration, and one in a trillion!

Oscar: The Bionic Cat: A Heart-Warming Tale of Feline Bravery
Oscar: The Bionic Cat: A Heart-Warming Tale of Feline Bravery by Kate Allan (Paperback - 14 Feb. 2013)