5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down.
Published on 21 Feb 2011 by Richard McCann

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition
I can't really put my finger on the reason why, but somehow I don't think the Kindle version has quite the same impact the paperback edition does.
Published on 23 Nov 2011 by AnnoKano

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt put it down., 21 Feb 2011
I heard about this book and just knew that It was something that I would enjoy but Oh was I taken by surprise. For the very first time in my entire life I could not put this down until I had finished it. I read it in one sitting. What i enjoyed most about the book was that the author seemed to get inside my head. page after page he seemed to know just what I was thinking (or not) at that moment.

This is a must read for students studying anything to do with Gender Politics, with Masculinity or anything linked to the male psyche.

If I am honest there was just one drawback with the book and was that chapters 6,7 and 8 were a little repetitive but if you can stay with the author through this dip readers will be delighted to see how it concludes.

Praying for the sequel already.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition, 23 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A true read ..., 21 Feb 2011
S. Barlow - See all my reviews
A truly good read: two things I like about this book.

1. It only takes you a minute to read, so you can read it anywhere

2. It makes me think of sex!

4.0 out of 5 stars A literary tour de force, 22 Feb 2011
First of all, I should say that I take issue greatly with the premise of Prof Simove's work: I thik it is too easy to glibly trot out the old canard that all that men ever think about is sex. It was with this very profound reservation that I approached this book, and I wasn't in any mood to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Given that, I was very pleasantly surprised! Prof Simove's economy of expression has given us a literary tour de force, his arguments made sparsely yet persuasively, and his conclusions laid out pithily...indeed, one might possibly argue that his economical prose style has taken things a little TOO far, but that is to nitpick.

I would still take issue with its core premise, but there is no doubt in my mind that, as an excellent exposition of a controversial point of view, this book has achieved its aim and more.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Tale of Two Halves, 21 Feb 2011
Drummond Gilbert (Chicago, IL USA (visiting from the UK)) - See all my reviews
To be honest, I had expected something more substantial from Professor Simove after his previous offerings. That said, I did fly through the first half of the book quicker than anything than I have read for a long time. Towards the end my attention started to wane, I do think that perhaps Professor Simove could have put a little bit more thought into this part; I am sure people will agree with me, that it looks like his arguments are underdeveloped and that there appears to have been a lack of research... nonetheless, I do look forward to reading his future research on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of the year, 5 Mar 2011
B. Eric - See all my reviews
Don't miss the interesting twist in the last chapter!
Waiting for the e-book/kindle version, and hopefully will be soon available in foreign language translations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Minds will be blown!, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: What Every Man Thinks About Apart from Sex (Paperback)
This master piece holds the holy grail of life lessons; from love to loss, money and life, you'll never need another book.
I couldn't put it down, such a page turner!
I'd highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and fast, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: What Every Man Thinks About Apart from Sex (Paperback)
It arrived within the estimate delivery period. The product looks good and nice. My friend is impressed by this book and found it interesting. Thanks very much for the service. I will definately purchase again if there is any chances.

4.0 out of 5 stars what every man thinks about apart from sex, 4 Mar 2011
From the moment I picked this book up till the moment I put it down again, I couldn't stop laughing. I must get round to reading it one day. (with apologies to Groucho Marx)

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 27 Feb 2011
This is a deeply insightful and philosophical read and in many ways, the essence of the book is not in what the author says, but rather in what the author doesn't say. Yes, it can be a difficult read in places, and yes, I did find that I often had to refer back to previous pages to fully embrace the subtleties of the arguments within. But overall, I felt that reading this book was a lot like the idea of making love to a beautiful woman - something to which I will return, time, time, and time again...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

What Every Man Thinks About Apart from Sex
What Every Man Thinks About Apart from Sex by Shed Simove (Paperback - 23 May 2011)
4.79