5.0 out of 5 stars A lire tout de suite !
Published on 30 July 2010 by Ann Fairweather

3.0 out of 5 stars It Was OK To Start With
I just love Karen's writing but this book was simply too depressing and didn't live up to the standard of the previous book. I simply wasn't interested in the complexity of her love and sex life.
Published 13 months ago by Bippo

5.0 out of 5 stars A lire tout de suite !, 30 July 2010
Ann Fairweather (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
At last the sequel to 'Tout Sweet' has arrived ! Much awaited, at last we discover what happened after the breakdown on the road ! and a few more surprises also : we meet Karen's hairy and very sweet new companion, her very unexpected and a bit crazy new hobby (an acquired taste, frequent among the natives...), get to know a not so pleasant dogs' owner, a very pleasant village's mayor, and... a romantic encounter from a totally unsuspected corner...In brief, there is again plenty of french (and not so french) delights to savour in this new funny chapter of Karen's life, that she so candidly shares with us. Quickly immerse yourself in a world that rocks and for some blissful hours, forget all else ! Hoping again that the follow-up wont be too long to wait !

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - great fun and sweetly romantic, 15 Aug 2010
Christopher Yu (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
Once again I finished a book by Karen Wheeler in one sitting! Karen excels in painting the rhythm and charm of French country life. It makes me want to book my plane ticket down to her area and hunt out all the charming characters real-life inspirations. What lifts this book from being just another sequal is one of the best love stories of the summer - between Karen and her dog Biff. Karen's characterisation of her dog Biff makes him the break out star - stealing every scene he finds himself in. Buy it! Find yourself a sunny spot! Turn off your phone and escape...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost in France, 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
I have just finished reading Toute allure and as with the first book toute sweet I couldnt put it downn my huband lost me to Karen Wheeler for a day an a half,as I became lost in rural France with her. I laughed and cried and fell in love with the Lion ( im sure Karen won't mind me writing this) while reading this book.I cannot wait for the next book to come out as I feel sad to have reached the end of this one.
Mr S J Nicholls did not write this< his wifey (me) did as I read the book and I cannot seem to change the name on the start of the review!!!!!
Victoria

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally alluring, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
I was utterly captivated by this delicious book sent to me by a friend - so much so that I felt compelled to telephone the author and wax lyrical as to how much I had enjoyed the flow of her pen. I look forward to reading Tout Sweet and am delighted to learn that a 3rd book is in the offing. Highly recommended light reading, particularly for lovers of rural France.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 5 Mar 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed book 2 of Karen Wheeler's books on moving to rural France. I actually enjoyed this book more than the first one. There were a lot of laugh out loud moments and some very romantic ones. I loved her stories about her little dog, Biff, and the ones about her Latino next door neighbour. I couldn't put it down and read the book in a day and a half. Highly recommended if you like fun books about other countries with a little romance sprinkled in.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely taste of falling in love with Rural France!, 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
I love France. I love the lifestyle and having tasted it for myself over the past few years without having the financial security to 'make the leap' I am always keen to read about 'my' dream through the eyes of others. This Christmas I fell upon the delightful book 'Toute Allure: Falling in love in Rural France'. My Christmas holiday has been somewhat blighted by an unpleasant attack of Flu - and what has saved me? This book. Karen Wheeler draws her reader into the world of her village, her friends, her beloved little dog and her relationships. The way in which the book paints the picture of rural France is so real - she captures the essence of the countryside and I feel confident that anyone - well or unwell! would thoroughly enjoy this lovely book. It's an easy and painless way of falling in love!

5.0 out of 5 stars French Allure, 13 Oct 2010
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
I can only repeat what so many other reviewers of this book have already said. It is a fantastic read, I started it on a Sunday and kept going until I finished it in early next morning as dawn crept under my curtains - which meant I was not fit for anything at work the next day. The point is you cannot put this book (or her last one) down. It makes me want to rush down to Poitou Charentes to start my own French Adventure - you cannot help but want to be part of that life. I love the way she writes and her descriptions of the life she is living and the characters in her life.
It is a wonderful feel-good book and I feel it is an honest account of the life she has made for herself. I am so envious, particulary of her having found the gorgeous Biff. Also, it is refreshing to read an account of the trials & tribulations of someone relocating to France from a singleton's point of view, especially when that singleton is still open to the possibility of romance.

My only one small critism is that a decent proof reader should have picked up a couple of things and hopefully they will pick these up in time for the next re-print, but that is a minor gripe and please believe me - it does not detract from the all consuming enjoyment you will get from this book. Go on, treat yourself, you deserve it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tout Allure, 24 Aug 2010
Mrs. Pauline Hunter (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
Enjoy this fab follow up book to Tout Sweet. Karen welcomes us back into her live and loves in the French countryside. Will wait for the third book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant sequel, 3 Aug 2010
E. J. Bryant "Liz Bryant" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
I received Tout Allure last week and read it in just over a day and a half - admittedly not much work got done!! another laugh out loud account of Karen's life in rural France and vivid enough to make the reader feel like you know the village and the people. I am most envious of Karen's life in France but her writing is so spirit lifting and entertaining that I feel I am part of it too. I am certain that this book will as successful as Tout Sweet, and now I just need to wait for the next book.... Get writing, Karen!

Absolutely brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great bedtime read!, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France (Paperback)
If what you are looking for is a book to relax you at bedtime or for curling up with on a cold winter's night then this is the one. Along with Tout Sweet from the same author these books will not tax your intellect but should give that feel good factor as they transport you to a different way of life and culture. They will probably appeal to women more than men but the storyline isn't too silly and without spoiling it for you, Toute Allure has a satisfying ending. Not great fiction but an entertaining
read.

Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France
Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France by Karen Wheeler (Paperback - 2 Aug 2010)
6.29